close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I got hit by a CRANE

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by flathunter, May 8, 2004.

1. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

This stuff only happens to me :confused: I was setting along the scioto tonight and just as it was getting to dark to see anything I make out a very wide shape coming at me from across the water..Before I had time to react this huge crane bird flies into me : :eek: ..Scared the crap out of me :eek: The bird was freaking squaking and hissing at me as I am trying to get out of my chair with this thing draped all over me!..And to top it all of the freaking thing crapped all over me, must have pooped a gallon :mad: So I manage to stand up, and the bird gets to it's feet and takes off...So there I stand with Crane crap all over my shirt and pants! :mad: I went home!

2. Like a Great Blue Heron. Those suckers are huge!!! Caught one in a muskrat trap once. That was fun. :D

Sliprig

3. flathunter

Probably was a Heron, I just call them Cranes.

4. catfishhunter1

catfishhunter1 Doc's personal net boy

5. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Pictures man.....show us the pictures......a gallon of doo doo !!! :eek: :D

6. flathunter

Sorry Jim, No pics.LOL

7. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

man if you only had some vidieo you could be a hit on tv just thinking about that makes me LMAO

8. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

HA HA HA HA HA, That is funny as H. Jack. Had to clean the inside and outside of your pants!! Did ya catch any fish? Man, I've seen the mess them things can leave on the docks and rocks. I would have crapped myself too. I hate them things, they are every hundred feet or more on this lake, eatin up all the fish they see. Before too long they will be concidered a pest and have to be delt with. I know the sound they make too, was quietly sitting in the boat one night and had one sneak over and let out that death squall. Can imagine what it sounds like all up in your face. All I can say is bigfoot sent a bird to do it's lightwork. Sweet justice would have been wringing the life out of that bird. Only you Jack, only you.

Bill

9. :D :D Laughing My Rear End Off :D :D Best one in a while Flattie, Thanks for the story

10. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Jack,

It's crane mating season. I guess that since you've lost so much weight, that to a near sighted excited crane you looked pretty.

Are you sure that gallon of stuff was dodo?

Kim

11. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

If you only had the picture! That would have been KSU's Funniest Picture winner for sure! That had to have been a experience. :D

12. put a s in front of hit and run

13. flathunter

Funny thing is I bought a 45 semi auto pistol to carry when I am fishing alone..Did not do me any good last night! :rolleyes: :D..Kim, that is sick :D

14. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

hahahahaha!! my wife even came downstairs to see why I was laughing soo hard :D too funny.

I feel your pain FH, just not the smell...I had a heron fly at me last year on O'Shaugnessy and swipe my hat off my head. Almost knocked me out of the boat.

15. Of course we are all laughing with you FH not at you. Man that is funny. I can hear it now- "Yeah but you should see the other guy! I beat the crap out of him!" :D

16. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Funniest story I have heard in a long time!
    Are you sure that gallon of crap wasnt yours?? :D :D
    It would have startled the crap out of me,thats for sure! :D

17. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

LOL that is too funny! I wonder why the heck he did that to ya?

18. "J"

"J"

Man that's hillarious, Everytime I see one of those Herrons taking off it paints the shoreline with doo-doo never saw one hit anyone, man that must of been a sh!tty experience :eek: . Anyway glad to hear you're none the worse for wear, that beak can really hurt someone, ouch!!!!!!!!!!.

19. flathunter

Fishman, I dont think the bird saw me untill it hit me, I was setting along the river bank with high weeds all around me, and I thnk it just thought I was a tree or something :D