close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I Got Engaged Last Night - While Fishing!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fishingredhawk, Apr 24, 2008.

1. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

I proposed to my girlfriend last night on Griggs, way up the no-wake zone towards Dublin!

I tied the ring to the end of her fishing line and strapped the rods onto the front deck of my boat in such a way that she couldn't see the ring during the ride.

We pulled up to one of my favorite banks and I handed her the rod. When she pulled it towards her, the ring swung out right in front of her and was penduluming back and forth. She was completely surprised, starting crying. I cut the ring from the line, popped the question, and she said yes.

I must say, I was scared to death that she was going to grab the rod and fire a cast into some deep cover.

She has to be the first girl to be proposed to on Griggs, don't you think?! (Am I now an official redneck???)

Here is a picture of her right afterwards.

[​IMG]

2. Columbusslim31

Columbusslim31 Student of Finjitsu

Congratulations! It'll be 8 years in July that I've been locked down. Remember, marriage, as with most things in life, is only as hard as you make it.

3. Wow congratulations Mike!

4. Hey that sure was a great idea, and I want to wish both of you a long and happy future. Been married 40+years myself, and along with our son (Sowbelly) my wife was the best partner I always shared our boat with. Work hard at it, keep it fun, trust me it will be worth it down the road.

5. That is a great story! Congratulations!

6. Congratulations!!!!

I did it last May, getting hitched in August.

Now the "work" begins(planning the wedding)

7. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

Congratulations, that is really cool.

8. The One

The One Ret. 1SG U.S. Army

Congratulations, you got a pretty girl and she likes to fish what more could you ask for.

9. Congratulations to both of you! And I will say that is a clever idea for proposal as well. You are as much of a redneck as the rest of us.:D But hey that ain't all bad.:p

From the picture it is pretty obvious that her answer was yes. I think you made her day.;)

10. STUPID - STUPID - STUPID !!! :D :D :p

Just kidding .............. Congrats !!!! :) :)

11. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

Thats awesome Mike.

I bet thats the happiest you have ever been not to see anyone get snagged. :D

12. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

Couple questions?

1. How many times did you check the knot?
    2. How heavy of line did you use? 100lb braid

I would have had to lag that rod to the boat so I knew it wasn't going anywhere.

Congrats again and best wishes. Thats an awesome story.

Sowbelly

13. athensfishin'

athensfishin' Fighting the Man

dun... dun... dun... Another One Bites The Dust.

14. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

Prayers Sent!!:p

Just kidding of course, she looks like a great catch!

:cool:

15. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

Great idea for a proposal.
    She sure is pretty, congrats to you both.

Now for the honesty..............YOU FOOL, I'LL PRAY FOR YOU.
    :D :D :D :D Just kiddin'
    from one redneck to another.;)

16. Congratulations! What a great catch! She looks like a keeper alright! Cool story.

17. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

wow mike we were down fishing in the same area...same time.

congrats....ride the tide

18. OK, really cool!!! I like it!!!! However, what did SHE catch, besides, YOU!!!???? Best of Luck to both of you!!!
    John

19. GREAT STORY, GREAT IMAGINATION, people will talk about this one, to bad ya did'nt have some one doing a video tape.

CONGRATs........ :B

Nik,

ps.Oh, looks like ya did'nt have to set down any rules or reg about fishin & huntin, before the D-Day? She'll become your best patner.