close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

i got a lund...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by crappielooker, Feb 21, 2005.

1. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

went to alum creek to do a little fishing this morning.. hoping for a nice calm hassle free fishing day when a boat decides to launch into the lake.. this is the first boat i see put in this year.. so i just stood there and watch.. they pushed, shoved and the boat slides into the lake from its trailer.. 1 guy was holding onto a rope while the other drove his truck up the hill to park.. the next thing i saw was the rope that was tied in front of the boat has become undone.. the guy just kept holding onto the rope and lookin around for some support.. the whole time this thing is goin down, i was just sittin back and chuckle by myself..until i start seeing the boat being blown away towards the main part of the lake, i went over to offer some help..
    i told them both that i can try and cast towards the boat and snag it in.. they both wouldn't believe that i could do it.. so casting i did.. i easily made the cast past the boat but lost the hook up because nothing was stickin up for the hook to grab onto.. after what seems to be about the 20th cast and a few miss-hooked.. i caught onto it and start to bringing in the beast..err boat.. :p not too long after i got the boat owner to snap a pic of me haulin in this beast..just for prove..heh heh..
    i'll get teh pics reduced then post it tonite..

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

thats biggest catch to date? start of a new sport?

3. I give up! I know I will never be able to beat that for the largest catch of the year.:D I hope when you managed to land it that you decided that it was a keeper.:D

4. crappielooker

u can see the swirl behind the boat.. :D

Attached Files:

• lund.JPG
      lund.JPG
      File size:
      32.5 KB
      Views:
  5. Reel Man

Reel Man Member

Nice Job AK. If it was 17ft or longer I think you might qualify for a Fish Ohio award.

6. Stretch

Stretch Wishin I was fishin

Great Job AK! It is nice that you could help out a fellow fisherman.

7. Tee

Tee Team OGF

Awesome job AK. For you efforts you get a Prom Dress. :D :D J/K

8. crappielooker

hahaha teee... :D
    yep..i beached the beast for its owner.. LOL

9. Fastlane

Fastlane Fishless as usual

Only you Ak, only you! I bet those fisherman will never make fun of a carper anymore. LOL

10. That's a heck of a cast and catch! Good job!

11. catking

catking Banned

Only you Ak, only you............ :D .........THE CATKING !!!

12. ;) Did they load up and leave for did they go fishin???????????? :D

13. Ive been laughin sine u called :D :D :D lets see them pics

14. crappielooker

funny enough.. they proceeds to go on fishing.. went into some skim ice area, i could hear them breaking up the ice pretty good.. after all that ruckus, they decide to leave and went onto the main lake.. :rolleyes:
    it was a great fight pulling that thing in.. the boat was drifting out past the ripple you see in the picture.. took a good 10minutes just to get it out of the wind.. :D

15. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

AK,

Great story and even better picture.

I hope you told them about OGF so they could come here and hear how sorry we are for their mishap. :D

Did Misfit get a Lund? :)

16. what is the minimum length on a Lund by the ODNR?

and you mentioned that you intentionly snagged it, maybe you should read a few of the snagging posts on here AK ;) :p :D

17. Nice Catch... Are you going to get a replica!!!!!! :D

18. what size net did u use.....nice job

19. crappielooker

LOL lundy..i tried to.. but the whole time they were watching me from waaay up on the ramp.. until about 15minutes(once its off the wind's path) into it, they start to come down and watch me close..and yes, i tried to tell them then too..but they weren't paying too much attention.. thats ok.. i remember the boat and the van that pulled it..lol..
    oh yeah.. as soon as the boat was beach..they all got in and was gone faast..LOL.. :D

20. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Now THAT's sweet...hahaha!!!

Nice work AK.