close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I Finally did it.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Zfish, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Well after a big stressful story that I don't feel like explaining I finally got a truck. For what I could afford to spend and what I wanted my 2 choices were a Ford Ranger extended cab with the 3.0 L engine with power everything. Or an F150 base model with only air and auto. Needless to say I now have a 2005 Ford F150 which is bright shiney Red!!! Somehow I got the 8ft bed but I'd prefer the 6ft. I'll have to check into that later. I did make them put in writing a class 3 hitch which will be put on this weekend. :D:D

2. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

about time ! Now get some pics ! :D

3. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

Red? rED? The only thing Red looks good on is a baboons b-tt LOL
    WHACK! Ow! Sorry honey! Hehehehehehehe!! It better have a tow hitch!
    Hey. I thought you where a Ford Focus kind of guy! Raider saves the day again! LakeRaider

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  4. toad

toad geriatrics supporter

Good for you Mike, did you get the auto trans like you wanted? When I went looking for mine I wanted the 8ft bed for a couple of reasons, 1) length of some of my rods, and 2) put a cap on it throw a mattress in the back and you got yourself a camper.

5. Congrats on the new ride. You might have been disappointed from a power standpoint with a 3.0 in an autotrans Ranger. I had a 3.0 five speed and it was just adequate for towing my old Sylvan. 4.0 would have been OK. That 150 will do a good all around job for you as auto or stick. I have a 2004 F150 auto with the 5.4 and am super pleased with it. I only have 3000 miles on it but am getting a consistent 13.5 mpg city and 16 to 18 on the road depending how fast I push it.
    Unlike Toad, I put a lid on mine and figure I will simply slither in to sleep if needed. Guess those young guys :rolleyes: like their comfort. :p :D

6. Zfish

Yes I did get the auto. :) Maybe I'll look into a cap here down the road

7. catking

catking Banned

Red is for blonde headed women and guys over 50 who want to be 30....... And you are neither...so what's up :confused: .............. :D THE CATKING !!!

8. catking

catking Banned

Just realized that the daughters boyfriend drives a red pick up :eek: .turtlegirl82 will probably see this and tell him ............ Oh well, I still stick to what I said .............. :p ................. THE CATKING !!!

9. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

hahaaha..rick....is he over 50 or have blonde hairs? :p :D

10. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

hey now,there's nothing wrong with red trucks.i drive several real big ones regularly!!!

11. catking

catking Banned

Yep, the wife pointed out a bunch of rather large fellows I know that drive Red trucks ............. :eek: .........(Zfish not being one of them :D ) I'll take back the truck part , but this theory still holds up with cars ;) .............. THE CATKING !!! :D

12. Zfish

Lol... Just wait till I see you at the next outting there Ranger boy :D

13. Minor

Minor Wannabe Fisherman

gratz on your new truck . . . .:) . . . nothing like the feelin of owning a new vehicle . .:) . . .only thing better is buying a new boat . . . . . . enjoy it . . . I am still enjoying driving the wife nuts with new truck accessories . . .LMAO . .:) . .still need a bedliner, nerf bars, brush guard, etc, etc . . .:) . . .GRATZ AGAIN . ..:) . ..