close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I dont get it

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Anth, Oct 16, 2004.

1. i have this z22 zebco. the old string worked fine but it was brittle. i relined it with some spiderEz cast 8lb test.
    My problem is that it wont cast out far,it stops and wont cast as far as it should.i can pull more out but its not so ez on the string.then i recast and its still not working.
    whats the deal with that?

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Try putting 8 lb. test mono back on it A lot of reels don't cast well with spider line. Try P-line, Trilene, big game or any of the good grade lines. I think this will help you out. One other thing I'd try is to pull all the line out, keeping it staright, then reeling it back on. Try this first, if it doesn't work then replace it with a good mono line. Hope this helps.

3. spider line i think its cutting down into the rest of the line on the reel id say DaleM is right try going back to mono

4. my 202 had the same problem so i pulled it all out and now it works fine. but when i did that with the z22 it still dont work.

When i push to cast the z22 it dont click-in like my other reel's and when i reel it back in there is no click.

5. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

you may have a lose or broken spring