close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I don't drink budweiser, but...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by goodday, Jul 11, 2008.

1. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

I love some Belgian beer, and strongly dislike Budweiser. I have no issues with this.

anyone drink Wild Turkey here? I toured the distillery and learned they are actually owned by the French!

2. pizza

pizza

If everyone in the world would just chip in $10....

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

you mean all that money i spent on 101 over the years went to france?:mad:

4. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

Personally, I hate "Buttwiper", but to each their own!! But I drink Busch so I guess I'm in the same boat. As long as the taste doesn't change, I guess I'll keep my mouth shut!

5. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

I just recently heard about this, and tried to do some research.... but does A&B actually want to sell?!!?!? I can't find anywhere that it does. So why are people angry with Budweiser. If I understand, this giant beverage company in Europe is trying to buy up as much stock of the company as they can initiating a hostile take over. They're offering 65 bucks a share, for a company worth 61$. That's a huge chunk of change.

Just read this actually.... the company in Europe called InBev just raised the price to 70 dollars a share, the share closed at 61.21. That's a lot of cash.

Read this on Budweisers webpage:
    Unsolicited. No reason to be mad at Budweiser here. They arn't for sale?

Read this: http://www.anheuser-busch.com/Press/ABConsentSol.html

Seems as if AB is trying to sue InBev for something I don't understand.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

I will stop drinking Budweiser if they move over seas. Until then, 'cheers :)

6. do as I do and make your own,nothing is made here anymore anyway.I bet my ingredients I buy are from out of the country too.We have screwed ourselves.

7. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

How much does it cost to do a home-brew operation? Really am interested in it, but it just seems awfully expensive.

8. seethe303

you could get up and going for $100. if you wanted to spend a little more you could have a really good operation going. PM me if you want. I brew my own beer.

depending on what kind of beer you are making, some of the ingredients are homegrown and others are not. a lot of hops are grown in the pacific northwest. of course there are the noble german hops, etc etc... it has a lot to do with climate though, not so much outsourcing.

9. DarbyMan

DarbyMan Seize the day

Although I do not drink Budwieser but that is a shame. They were one of the companies that remained loyal to the states. Thank goodness for Sam Adams.

10. fugarwi7

fugarwi7 Lumberjack

With a pro-American made mindset, what equipment do you guys fish with? Are you going to discard it too! Most equipment is manufactured outside the U.S., but my guess is you will continue to use it! Why switch beer choices because of foreign ownership, if A/B accepts their proposal? If you like Bud and the brew process remains unchanged, will you really switch? My $0.02.

Don't get me wrong, I try to buy American when I can but I buy quality first and if that is from a foreign company, so be it!

11. RareVos

RareVos Lost Sailor

This discussion reminds me of:

Heaven and Hell

Heaven is a place where:
    The lovers are Italian
    The cooks are French
    The mechanics are German
    The police are English
    The government is run by the Swiss

Hell is a place where:
    The lovers are Swiss
    The cooks are English
    The mechanics are French
    The police are German
    The government is run by the Italians

12. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

I don't care at all...A/B ticked me off when they bought and shut down Rolling Rock in Latrobe. I only buy craft beers now from micro breweries such as Flying Dog, Great Lakes, Bells, and other varieties as I come accross them in my travels. Gonna be drinkin' some Hocus Pocus tonight. Band gig at a private party tonight at Lake Mohawk in Malvern, Ohio. If anyone from here is at the party say hi, I'll be at the soundboard!!

I only hope it desn't cost anyone their job but we've heard that BS B4.

13. i drink P.B.R. the red white and blue.

14. stumpsitter

stumpsitter Regular Guy

I make my own too.

There are a lot of good American beers-Bud isn't one of them. I buy a lot of imports.

American beers-try Leinenkugles. Sam Adams is good...Goose Island (Nut Brown)..Red Hook (ESB)...

15. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

Yup, not so much a fan of Buttwiper. Still kind of sad to see it go this way. I've heard InBev is very cut-throat and will squeeze every dollar it can out of A/B.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/sto...SecMostMailed&print=true&dist=printMidSection

A/B lost the majority of my business long ago, so for me it don't mean much. Sam Adams, Stone Brewery, Great Lakes, Sierra Nevada and other USA micro-brews will continue to get my hard earned money for the fantastic beers they make.

*I wonder if this European company will continue to throw as much sponsorship money at things like NASCAR and american football...?

16. Pike

Pike

I enjoy a Bud on occasion, and personally do not want to see an American Company with that kind of tradition sold. Stumpsitter...I took a tour of the Bud Brewery in Columbus a few years ago, Red Hook is an A/B product.

Pike

17. I drink Bud Light when I'm going for quantity and not quality. If I'm going quality I stay right here in ohio with my first choice being Great Lakes (Please don't tell me they have outsourced that now)r. They have some great beers.

18. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

when did this happen?:confused:
    last time i had a red hook,was mid 80's in seattle.it was a local micro brewery and could only be found in a few local pubs in seattle at that time.
    great stuff though.so special that people didn't say "let's go drink some beers".they said "let's go drink some red hooks":)

19. seethe303

I second (or third) Great Lakes. They have a fantastic lineup of beers.

Their Christmas Ale is one of the best of the style I have ever had.