close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I Did It Again @ Lake Logan

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cat Mazter, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Cat Mazter

Cat Mazter Pro Catfisherman

I fished the Tournament at Lake Logan on Saturday Nite 7-16-05, I caught a Nice 10 lb Channel Cat On Cut Bait, I knew I was in the hunt after that one. So we moved around a little with no success. So I moved Back to where I thought they would be, Boy I hit the Nail on the Head this time. At 4am i was fishing a 6 inch Creek Chub about 5.5 ft. and it went under fast. So I stood up & set the Hook & it was on. It took me a while to get him in, He didnt want to move. But I finally got him in & on the Boat, I cut a Hole in his Bottom Lip & Got him on the Stringer quick. I had to keep him alive for the 6am weigh in. I reeled in my other Pole, and thats all I did was make sure he was all right for the nite.

When I got to the Weigh in everyone was in Awe that I caught a Big one like I did (Again) :D . When I put them Both in the Basket, the Basket hit the ground. It took 3 guys to hold up the Pole with the Scales on it. So I asked them to weigh them by their self. I ended up with a final weight of 41.4 lbs. 2nd Place was only 9 Lbs. So I would of won it all with the 10 lb Channel Cat anyway, But Catching a Big Fish on a Tourney nite is GREAT !

I won $100 for having the Most Weight & a Quantum Preformance Matched Graphite 11ft. Rod & a Quantum XR70F Reel with Extra Spool for the Biggest Catfish Caught.

Here is Both Fish Side by Side, 10lb Channel Cat & 31.4 lb Shovelhead.
    [​IMG]

Here is Me & My 31.4 lb. Shovelhead Caught @ Lake Logan. :B :D
    [​IMG]

Cat Mazter

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

sweet job... those are two nice fishies there

3. wtg!!!!! some nice fish!!

4. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Congratulations

I know you were thrilled :D

5. Nice flathead, and a great channel cat!

6. Had to be fun. :D :B Thanks for sharing. :)

7. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

8. Way to go Cat. I am still looking forward to fishing with you at the end of the summer when I bring my kids back down that way.

9. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Nice very nice fish congrats on a tournament win.

10. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Nice catch Cat. You have that lake figured out for sure. I lived down there for 20 years and use to do the same with the bass. I was also one of the original guys that got the club house for Hocking Co. fish & Game club. on Lake Logan. Keep up the good work.

11. Great fish, we fished there the night before tourney and caught a couple of little channels but nothing like you caught. GREAT job.

12. Cat Mazter

I lost 2 other fish that night, 1 of which was at least 20lbs plus, It took me in a Big Wood Pile & got my line all wrapped up & got off the hook. All in all it was a good Tournament, But I do have some Gripes.

#1 There was a Boat we all saw running Bank Lines & going back to the weigh in spot to wait. I know who they are & they know I know now, So I hope to see them doing it again so I can get a Tournament Ban on them, Ill have more Proof next time. But I know of 5 others that saw them doing it & said something to me about it.

#2. Right before weigh in there was 20 People waiting at 5:45am to weigh in their fish. They stood up their for 10-15 Min with their fish out of Water. I was the Last one to Weigh in & I took my fish back to the lake & there was a Dozen Catfish from 4-8lbs. Belly up in the water. So I was Knee deep in the lake trying to revive them after Mine took off. After staying there until 730am I got all the fish but 3 to live, The people weighing in the fish just stood there & looked at them laying there dead, While I was in the Water knee deep in my good Rocky Boot's trying to save the fish. I was hot to say the least. I let it be known too !

Im already in the Process of filling out the forms for next year, Ill hold my own Tournament's the right way. I have got a way to stop the guy's from running Bank Lines & NO FISH WILL DIE on my watch !! Im going to do it up right, Ill have Trophy's or Plaque's for the winners too. Im so tired of seeing this crap go on & no one do anything about it. So I will do so on my own & with the Help of my Friend who is a State Parks Officer here in Logan. I hope it goes as I have it planned, Ill keep everyone posted as to how it is going as I submit the forms & get approved.

I still had a Great Night Fishing, Just had to get that off my Chest. Thanks for all the great Comment's. ;)

DaleM- Are you still a member of the Hocking Co. Fish & Game Assoc.? I am, & go to almost every meeting, I know almost everyone out there. Its a Nice Club to belong to, I just wish we had more Particapation in the events we have. I have Won 2 Guns & alot of stuff from the Drawings & Dinners we have. :D

Cat Mazter

13. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Ed, sounds like these tounrnys waste alot of good fish, and may not be of the best interest to the fishery at Lake Logan?

14. Cat Mazter

Thats why Im doing everything I can to get my Own Tourney's going next year. I have everything to do it with & a Extra Boat for the Safety Factor. Yes it was a waste of some good fish, I hope to not ever see it again like that. If I do I know its no fault of mine, This one is on the Heads of the People there weighing in the Fish & They should make sure EVERY fish makes it back in the water Alive & not be counted if they dont make it.
    Cat Mazter

BTW: This was the 1st time I have ever saw any fish go Belly up after a Tourney. I blame the Fisherman & The Tourney Holders. :mad:

15. Paul Anderson

Paul Anderson Logan's Dad

Ed, The fact that you are consistently catching fish is impressive and I congratulate you. The fact that you spent so much time reviving fish that others had mishandled is much more impressive to me and shows the nature of your character...or is it that you are a character of nature? Either way, thank you for caring about the fishery. We need more fishermen like you.

16. catking

catking Banned

Congratulations on the tourney. Good for you Ed ...... THE CATKING !!! :)

17. rockbass

rockbass Banned

That is what I like to hear......other guys who do the same things I do. unreal when people just watch you like you are an idiot. :mad:

Awesome fish for sure. Catchign them on Tourney night is just that much better! :)

18. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

That great. Congrats.

19. Cat Mazter

Thanks alot Paul & everyone else.

You know I went down there lastnite & saw more than 6 Catfish Dead & Bloated on the Beach Shore. So I didnt get all of them going, But I tried. It makes me so sick to see this happen to quality fish. Yes Flathunter it just gave them a Bad name in the Tourney World Here. Im going to do everything I can to hold the Tourneys next year, I have to wait until a certian time to put in for the tourneys, But mark my word, Ill be running them !! One way or another. I wont let the fish die like they did, It still make me so mad & upset that they did it like that. It wasnt ever like that the other 2 tourney's. But it only takes 1 Bad one to ruin them all. I love Fishing & at our Lake the Catfish are so Stressed from over fishing for them, then this happens. Not one Park officer has been on the Lake either to Check Boat's or anything, I already sent a letter in about that too. Im tired of this Crap, If its not my Tourney , I doubt if I fish them anymore. Just because of the way this one was handled, I quit fishing one guys because he lets people Cheat, But I guess its better than letting the fish Die ! Either way Im still Steamed up about it. Im done ranting again. :mad:

Thanks everyone, Yes Catching a Big one on a Tourney nite is so exciting. But I dont think it will come anytime soon as I wont be in anymore this year. Ill still be fishing like a Madman though :D :B
    Cat Mazter