Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Multi Species Angler
6,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's right I owned that water today. Actually, not really. I did get the baitcaster out and poked around a little on a flow I have driven past a thousand times and never stopped to fling some baits in. My good fortune was the hot water tank guy showing up early and I had already bugged out of the office. So, I started off with a lipless crank just cause the mood struck me and I caught 3 smallies, 2 saugeye and something heavy in the heart of a riffle shook free quickly. Eyes were about 14"rs and the biggest smallie was about 12"s. So, I thought I would offer them something with a bit more profile. I tied on the 1/2 oz white SP and flung it around. I caught two more smallies a 14"r & a 15"r. That was it, but it made for a nice 2 1/2 hrs of wadin & fishing in the middle of the day. The water clarity was really good and made me wish I took the 7' spinning rod that I can bomb cast and throw that 1/8 oz buzzer. Anyway, I'm takin that one the next time. The water was very warm.

·
Banned
798 Posts
that is what it's all about in my opinion. I know you guys like your yaks, but nothing beats getting in the water for a quality old school wade.

btw. did you wear shorts?

·
Multi Species Angler
6,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I wore my MC Hammer pants and my fly leather jacket. I was stylin! :D

·
Banned
798 Posts
No I wore my MC Hammer pants and my fly leather jacket. I was stylin! :D
I too like to go stylin' when I hit a heavy flow. Most times I go out in my vintage jordache daisy duke cut off jean shorts.

seriously though, that's an awesome evening of great fishing.:B

·
Banned
790 Posts
Good deal, dude.
Isn't that some great looking bottom structure through there? When the water is up that place really shines.
That's a nice little after worker, from about where you parked down to the next bridge. 3 1/2 miles or so.
Smooth move on the lipless.

·
WHODAMAN
378 Posts
I prefer to wear a jock strap and thick hunting socks with black rubber boots in the summer.

·
Old School Member
180 Posts
Jock strap is a good call, reduces tan lines. Prob would want to move the strap around every 1/2 hour or so...
On Thursday I saw some dude wading in jeans. I couldn't imagine that would be comfertable or easy to walk around. Worst thing was he was standing right in my spot.

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
I have to admit I have done jeans before, and it takes a really good belt! Sometimes you don't plan on fishing and you just wind up in the middle of the river. I have also been known to wade in my good work clothes khakis and a nice shirt. Kind of like to dress up for the bass lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts