close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I caught my Biggest flathead of the year.

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by flathunter, Sep 18, 2005.

1. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Been a long dry spell, but I am pleased with this fish..Mellon and myself hit the scioto And was hoping for a decent fish..The action was slow..I had a nice fish on and it thru the hook, within seconds I saw my other rod go down and the fight was on..This fish was caught on fresh cut shad, gamma 8/0 Circle hook, Ugly Stik Tiger rod, and a Abu 7000 reel..And that was really it for the night. Bryan caught a channel cat at daybreak, and also took a long nap..The white objects in the picture is fog. The fish was 25.5-lbs...It's been a couple years since I have broke 25-lbs on the river, and I am very thankfull that I caught this fish! And as always it was released.

[​IMG]

2. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

nice fish Jack. Off to a good start.

3. flathunter

Mellon sleeping the night away.

[​IMG]

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

damn jack.you musta lost 200 pounds on that diet :D
    the pic makes that fish look bigger than 25.but none the less,nice fish,and i'm glad to see you finally hooked up with a good one :)

5. does it mean Mellon will carry the sinkers next time?

Congratulation!

6. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

Nice fish Jacko. Glad to see things picking up. Did your sidekick catch anything? Prob. not even the bait. You should have slapped him upside his mellon head.
    On second look I see that fish got your knuckle a bit, right hand ring finger. Battle scars, ain't they great.

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Guys, you could have told me that fish was 40# & I'd beleive it. I was thinking Jack, we should have reweighed it. Great time, had a blast. This fish was caught 30 seconds after Jack lost the 1st one.

COLD...... OH my God, was it cold. At around 4AM I was curled up in the fetal position behind my chair on the rocks trying to block the wind.

Jack deserves this fish.

8. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Congrats Jack! Glad to see ya finally got yourself one bigger than Mellons. We knew ya had it in ya! Wish I could of been there, but we all know that goes *looks at someone whom will remain nameless* :D

9. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

from the looks of the pic,i'd say he limited out on ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ's :D

10. Predator225

Predator225 Predator225

WAY TO BREAK THE DRY SPELL!!!! It looks like evryone's luck may be improving. I hope there are more for all of us before the end of the season!

11. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Very nice fish Jack,

I would have bet that was a 35# fish, just goes to show what camera angle can do for a picture, still a very clean looking Flathead.

Doc

12. dip

dip dip

nice fizish jakkal

13. flathunter

Just thought of something. If Bryan had caught this fish, he would be talking all kinds of smack!..But I wont do that :D However all I have heard this year is "I HAVE CAUGHT A BIGGER FLAT THAN YOU THIS YEAR"....Somebody better pick up the pace, or they will carring all the rodholders, and wearing a Cleveland Browns hat next year :D But instead of the rod holders, I think a Browns tee shirt and hat would be better.

14. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

As Paul Harvey would say NOW FOR THE REST OF TEH STPRY:

For the last 3 years, yes 3 years worth of bank fishing, Jack has always fished on the left side, no matter where we were, just as the sun comes every morning, the moon comes up at nigh, I fish on the right, he fished on the left. So when I get in Jacks driveway this morning he says "I want to fish the right side". Guess where the fish came from....... Yeap thats right the RIGHT side.

So actually I should be able to claim 1/2 that fish, so we'll split the weight just over 12 1/2 pounds each, which means I still have the biggest LEGIT Flathad between us this year.

15. flathunter

Sorry buddy, that dont float!.If you remember right after I caught that fish, you packed up and moved to the right of ME!

16. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Way to go Jack!
    Glad to see the big flathead.

17. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Nice Fish Jackster...way to go!!

As for the RIGHT and Left side thing..im a firm believer myself...i ALWAYS fish the down stream side of whom ever im fishing with.....dang cant believe i told that secret..lol.

Scott

18. flathunter

Yea I usually give Mellon head, the downsteam side..But I decided enough is enough...