close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I caught a muskie, yay!

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Nickadams, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

I caught my 1st muskie every at the Alum Creek spillway today. It was the only thing I saw caught all day though. It was only about 20", but it put up a heck of a fight on light tackle. I was very impressed w/ the amount of energy the fish had since the water was so cold. He hit smashed the Rouge and took off! There were tons of people fishing down there. Did anyone else do any good?

2. fishcrazy

fishcrazy Muskie Chaser

youre hooked, converted
    fishcrazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy
    lol

3. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Congrats on your first Muskie :D I bet you were so excited when you pulled that baby in. I'm hoping that my first happens soon too!

4. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Hey nick, cool.

What side were you fishing there were alot of guys there when i got there at noon i fished until around 1:30pm no luck.

I walked up top lake side and looked around also. There was a guy in camo fishing off the rocks across from the side walk people said he caught a cpl and looked like he had small muskie on when i was leaving.

I will be there around noon sunday for about 1 1/2 before work.

5. bones

bones blah-blah-blah

nice i have not seen anyone take a musky yet this year.

6. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

I was fishing below the dam, pretty much under the Lewis Center bridge.

7. Nick: Did you release him???

8. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

He was out of the water for maybe 10 seconds... Just long enough so I could take a good look at him. I wasn't really sure how to hold him, I just knew I couldn't lip it like bass :) I just put one finger under the gill. Don't worry he was treated very well. I use to catch Northerns all the time in Canada and Michigan.

9. Character Zero

Character Zero Smallie Phan

gave it a whirl.........nothing for me today.........people had some fish across the bank, and saw 7 fish in buckets at Hoover..........

10. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

Went back again today, and I didn't get a bite. There was about 3x as many people as there was yesterday. I saw one nice saugeye being taken away. It would have gone about 3-4 lbs. It was caught in the same area as where I caught my fish yesterday.

11. nick,
    Saw you catch that fish yesterday, I was fishing on the other side. Looked like you had a good time bringing it in. I was beginning to wonder if you were going to get it over to the runoff area. Nice going.