close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I cant take it anymore

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by rustyfish, Aug 20, 2005.

1. I fish the scioto, the ohio, paint creek, lakes, ponds whatever and it does not matter i cant catch a reasonable flathead this year. I have caught like 40 channels and aroud 10-15 flatheads (cant rememebr exact because none were worth a darn). The largest flaty iv got this year is not even pushing 5 lbs. I have caught 4 channels over 5 lbs, 2 of them pushing 10, but no flat heads.

And dont say use bigger bait, because iv learned this year that a 3lb flaty can fit a 6 in BGill far enough in his mouth to git the hook. I hear and see all of these nice fish being caught this year and im not having any luck. The last few year i did not get happy unless they were like maybe 15lb and up. This year im just asking for a 5 pounder. I dont think this will be the year i beat my record of 25.
    But someone help me beat this one![​IMG]

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

3. it happens, 4 weeks ago i was catching 1 to 3 flats a night with one night of two 20s and a 3 pounder but now ive caught one in two weeks and it was a seven. IT HAPPENS TOO THE BEST OF US just keep fishin try usin big 12 to 14 inch suckers that may keep the small stuff off long enough too have a nice flaty come by.

4. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Russ sounds like you need to take up paylaking again. God has obviously forsaken you for fishing them for so long, and now he fears you're just becoming a commericial fisherman attempting to pillage our waters.

Seriously though, come down here. I PROMISE I can put you on a flathead over 5lbs.

5. I know fishman, you cant erase the past. But all of my new trash talk has made it back to the paylakers and they would let me back if i wanted lol. Ill make it down ther in a few weeks april is starting to move into her house for school so im tied up this week.
    Yea that reel i got from bass pro, junk, i used it one time and the clicker got stuck on. So i took it out and im stuck with another reel with no clicker. But i did buy a Six Star off rich, and i like it i like it alot!!!

Im telling you guys its not a good year.

6. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Dude are you smoking crack? I've caught more flatheads this year that I ever have in my whole entire life! I even took two months off of flatheading. Russ, this Saturday, me you and hopefully a big fish.

Call me man :)

By the way, I have some UNREAL bait right now :p