close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I can't find any rod thread from Dayton to Cincinnati

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by H2O Mellon, May 20, 2007.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

After reading many, many articles I am going to "build up" a few of my rod tips, but I can't find any rod thread, not even at Bass Pro. I am new to this, so am I looking too hard? It can't be as obvious as using regular thread that can be bought at a craft store, is it? I don't even need anything fancy, I just need it in black.

Any help would be great. I just need enough to "build up" six rod tips. If anyone has any that I could buy today, please PM me.

Thanks everyone.

2. sevenx

sevenx "I sat by the river" N.Mc

Mellon,
    I have a couple spools of Gudebrod in green and black. 100 yard spools. If you get down to Milford and stop by the shop. I'll hook you up.
    A&N Outfitters
    227 Main St.
    Milford Oh 45150............S
    513-322-1900

3. H2O Mellon

4. You can always use the heavier fly tying thread. I have built complete rods using it.:)

5. Fisherman's Headquarters in Dayton used to carry tying thread; I'm not sure if they still do.

Dallas

6. Tom Patrick

Tom Patrick Love To Fish

I agree with lazy, Fisherman's Quarters in Dayton used to carry rod building supplies.

Fisherman's Quarters
    142 S. Keowee St.
    Dayton, Ohio 45402
    937-222-2224

Open: 9-6 M-F
    9-5:30 Sat

7. H2O Mellon

They don't carry them any more, or at least that's what I was told when I called. (Then again I've been told LOTS of wrong things by one certain person that works there.)

Let's just say that if everyone there was as good as Chris (from Fisherman Qtrs)was, I wouldn't need to be fixing them again. :( :mad:

8. Byg

Byg

Yep... I had the same problem when I was building a rod..So I bought all the stuff on:mad: line...I coudnt find any place that had any supplies

9. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

Janns netcraft sells the thread. Try their web site.