close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I am Eating Saugeye for Christmas

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TheSportsGuyDM, Dec 22, 2004.

1. TheSportsGuyDM

TheSportsGuyDM Dallas Moyer

Well...the weather the outside is frightful, but the fishing was o' so delightful :D We will be enjoying the Christmas fire with saugeye in our stomachs. Two fish, 7 pounds, 12 ounces, including a 25-inch, 5 pound and a 19 1/2-inch, 2 pound, 12 ounce saugeye. Not to mention the 30+ inch muskie fought with 8# test and no steel in the line that fought for 20 minutes, but snapped the line on a death roll. See below for the fruits of freezing off fingers and other body parts.

Attached Files:

2. Pharley

Pharley Hook 'Em

Nice catch, the one eye is a pig. And she will certainly tatste good on Christmas!

3. Where were you fishing and what lure/bait did you did you use? :confused:
    Thanks for sharing the pictures and enjoy your Holiday meal. :)

4. Wow! That ice beneath them looks thick. ;) Nice catch, are those creek fish ?
    Just wondering.

5. Nice fish!!! I recently moved here from Minnesota where catching walleye seem to be a bit easier than on Alum. I have not had much luck on Alum this year. Did you catch those at Alum? What seems to be working this time of year? Not use to having open water all year round. Do you guys get your boats out on Alum all year? This may seem to be an odd question but where I come from we drive on our lakes in January!!!! :eek: Any help is appreciated. Thanks. :confused:

6. First of all welcome to Ohio and the site. I can tell you that saugeye and walleye do not act the same. Do a seach on the word saugeye and read through some of the bazillion posts. There is alot of great info here as well as great anglers. Is it spring yet? :D