Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to the Ohio river tonight and caught 1 saugeye, and 2 hybrids. One was about 2.5 lbs and the other was 6+ lbs. River was low but very muddy....Not great fishing yet but im sure warm weather will change that!

·
Registered
83 Posts
hey where did you get those hybrids. i fished for 4 hours today on the river for cats and hybrids with no luck... only one hit! we fished from a boat in the downtown cincy area and hit the mouths of some creeks and a few deeps holes. we were using cut shad that was pretty fresh and some white jigs for the hybrids. i dont know what the deal was. the water temp was 52 on main river and like 48-44 on the creeks. the creeks were runnin slow/clear and the river was runnign muddy but not too high. i think this cold front shut them down too much. i marked fished but just couldnt get them to hit. the wind sucked too! we decided that we had to catch something today so we went to my buddies gravle pit for some bass. at a place were catchin bass is easy we still had to work to get 15 in about 2 hours. let me know if anyone knows where the cats are!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mouth of creeks......give it a couple weeks and it will be much better....i casted about 200 times in the same creek mouth and landed 3 fish....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts