close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hybrid Sunfish ?

Discussion in 'Panfish Discussions' started by ocdfishguy, Apr 23, 2005.

1. I was looking at the state record fish and noticed that there was a listing for hybrid sunfish. What does on look like? I don't think that I have seen one before. Thanks in advance for the info.

2. Well the easy way to put it is it looks like a very overgrown green sunfish.

3. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Carp said it best, if they are Bluegill X Green Sunfish, they look a lot like the greenies.

4. if you have ever caught gills in lakes than you have seen some. I think that hybrid sunfish covers all sunfish crosses. there are alot of hybrid sunfish in natural waters but alot of them look alike in the first place so many people do not notice.

5. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

For the first time ever, Rustyfish is correct. I've seen various types of hybrids all over, expecially in creeks and rivers.

Hybrids of anytype can most commonly been seen on the end of Rustyfishs hook at a paylake however.