Ohio Game Fishing banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
fish it for a few more years and I'll tell you the secret;)

LOL
there is no timing, I have fished that river since I was two and dates dont exist for the "runs" of fish. Some years it really slow too. it has alot more to do with temp, O2, and bait that year than anything else. and not enough come up to support many people knowing about and keeping them.
april may is good for whites and somtimes you get lucky, try early october, fish baits betweem 4-6in, dont keep them or I'll hunt you down.
if you want more consistant fishing, any dam on the ohio in may, and at night in july.

·
Registered
41 Posts
LMJ now where does the rock fish(norris lake) come in to play (striper, aka rock fish)
Natural Stripers live in the ocean and go up fresh water rivers to spawn. In the spring they congragate in bays and the mouths of rivers where they feed along rocky shores and bridge pilings. All along the coast they are called rock fish by locals and it stuck.

·
Registered
41 Posts
fish it for a few more years and I'll tell you the secret;)

LOL
there is no timing, I have fished that river since I was two and dates dont exist for the "runs" of fish. Some years it really slow too. it has alot more to do with temp, O2, and bait that year than anything else. and not enough come up to support many people knowing about and keeping them.
april may is good for whites and somtimes you get lucky, try early october, fish baits betweem 4-6in, dont keep them or I'll hunt you down.
if you want more consistant fishing, any dam on the ohio in may, and at night in july.
Hybrids can't reproduce and studies have shown that they have a low survival rate when caught and released. Unless released while still in the water. So why not keep a few they are real good eating.

·
M.saxatilis x M.chrysops
3,311 Posts
Hybrids can't reproduce and studies have shown that they have a low survival rate when caught and released. Unless released while still in the water. So why not keep a few they are real good eating.
Studies have also shown they have an even lower survival rate when you kill them.

They are the best sport fish in Ohio. Keep'm alive as long as possible so other people can enjoy them too.

Enjoy them, like...on the end of the rod. Not with BBQ sauce.

·
Y
314 Posts
Studies have also shown they have an even lower survival rate when you kill them.

They are the best sport fish in Ohio. Keep'm alive as long as possible so other people can enjoy them too.

Enjoy them, like...on the end of the rod. Not with BBQ sauce.
Funny $hit! Any Fisherman or woman who thinks the enjoyment of eating one is half as good as catching one should label them selfs as an idiot unless they are in pure survival mode!

·
Fishin is livin
385 Posts
Funny $hit! Any Fisherman or woman who thinks the enjoyment of eating one is half as good as catching one should label them selfs as an idiot unless they are in pure survival mode!
Sounds like you dont have a clue. If you would take the time to LEARN how to properly fillet a fish, you may enjoy the stripers, hybrids, and white bass that you catch. And learn how to spell correctly. It is "selves" not "selfs". So before you going calling people idiots, make sure you dont look like one yourself.

·
Y
314 Posts
Way to bring up a dead thread grandpa.... Thought this was a fishing forum not a grammar lesson. Check your self fool, obviously you still have a little left in those depends.....
Hybrids are fun to chase not eat. There are way better fish for the table in Ohio IMHO
See ya on the water....

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.