close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Husky Jerking/Bedding bass

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by NewbreedFishing, May 29, 2007.

1. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

Yesterday I broke down and took my daughter and her friend fun fishing @ Cinnamon Lake. Non-stop action with bedding shellcrackers and largemouth.

My daughter grew bored of the pannies and wanted to slay some bass like dad. Very quickly she was sight fishing LM like her old man:p
    The bass were cruising around in pairs as far as you could see on every bank.
    These fish were charging at the lures as soon as they touched down and most had headshaking jumps. I havent seen the bass that aggressive in a long time. We were seeing cruising bass 3-4 lbs. next to the boat and would wait for them to pass and throw past them and they would turn and nail it.

We easily caught 35+ with an average of 2lbs. Few fish were pushing 4lbs and the kicker 22" near 6lbs. which had a huge gut on her.
    All fish were taken on 2 hook husky jerks(silver)...the micro and mini sized ones. 6lb line on medium light gear. I have one picture of the hog on my cell phone along with a pretty funny video of me dealing with it. Watch for a new batch of spring pics. here soon. Still in the dino age and havent a digi cam yet.

Great memorial day!
    NewbreedFishing
    [​IMG]

2. you had. What could've been better huh? Nothing...................A day fishing with your kids and slamming all those Bass.

Great day for you folks.:D :D

3. Pigsticker

Pigsticker State record bass or bust

Nice fish NBF! Thats how you do it.

You're teaching a kid how to sight fish? Tsk, tsk...:)
    Its just great that you took a kid fishing. You could be teaching them alot worse I guess.

Now lets get on those smallies.

4. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

5. NewbreedFishing

yeah it was a lot of fun....especially when all we set out to do was panfish.

I took along one baitcaster just in case and never used it...fought all those fish on my brothers 5'6 med. light set up and the kids were using ultra light stuff. Strangely enough we didnt lose many fish although they were jumping like mad.

6. Good deal Mitch!! It was a active day everywhere for fish.Had my oldest daughter out in afternoon with me was goodto see she still had the jigging touch was blasting crappies gills and 4 nice saugeyes:) Gotta teach them the important stuff early it pays off later!!:)

7. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

Good job Mitch!! Your girls will be out-fishing you in a few years!!

8. NewbreedFishing

thanks guys...hey redhawk, when am i getting those overdue jigging lessons??

fish are burning out on my speedy stuff.

9. CRESTLINER

CRESTLINER Member

Nice looking fish Mitch............