Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took advantage of the nice weather we've been having and a chance to get away from work for a day and fished out of Huron yesterday with my dad and uncle. We fished up near the border and had a pretty decent bite going till 10 AM. Things slowed very quickly after that as we only caught 2 more until we left at 2:30. We finished with 14 eyes and the quality was very good. The first 12 fish came on harnesses with 2 and 3 oz. weights anywhere from 45-65 on the 2 oz. and 35-55 back on the 3 oz. We pulled fish as slow as 1.2 and as fast as 1.7-1.8. About half of the those fish came on a dace pink northland blade with a 2 oz. weight. Our last 2 came on a pink lemonade reef runner 100 back with a 1 oz. weight 20' in front of the RR. After 10, we tried to change speeds and leads all over the place to try and get something going, but we just couldn't find the right combo to turn them back on. It even crossed my mind to put out spoons, but I just couldn't do it. Maybe I should have. On a side note, the marks were pretty good up there all day and there really wasn't any algae when we got out there, but as the day went on, we noticed more and more algae showing up (still not near what you could find in closer), but more than we started the day out with.

Brandon

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Brandon,
Nice going, great day for sure.

Ron

·
Registered
272 Posts
I was in same area yesterday but we caught them very steady. Was going 1.3-1.5mph. But fished high in the water column. You may of been to deep. Only caught a couple deep then moved everything up. We fished till 4:30. We only made 2 very long trolls and caught the whole time.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fishman2025
We tried fishing up high after we heard guys catching them on RRs 30-40 back, but could never get them (RRs or harness) to fire up real high. Sure it would have been nice to pull the last 4, but I really can't complain with 14 fish and the beautiful Tuesday weather.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts