Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was fortunate enough to be asked to take guys out for the Walleye for Wounded Heros event. We fished the border out north of Kelly’s on Thursday, we struggled a bit. Got 10 in the boat and lost as many at the back of the boat. Due to the 4ft’ers my guys weren’t able to get out of the chairs so it made netting a bit challenging . I knew I wasn’t going to make that trip again on Friday and Saturday since winds were supposed to be worse . Well they decided to cancel Friday with wind gusts expected to be over 40 out of the south. My buddy Ed and I decided we’d go check the shallows out around Cranberry on Friday since we knew the wind shouldn’t be much of an issue close in. We set up on good marks in 19ft and beat them up pretty good! Made one long troll to the East and handled around 30 walleye in a couple hours . A LOT of shorts but there were decent fish mixed in there also. FYI, that bridge at Cranberry fits a Ranger 620 if you want to duck bad weather :cool::cool:.. Fast forward to Saturday, we went back to that area and spanked them. One of my vets decided to pass on going out due to wind so it was just three of us . Randy reeled in over 40 walleye (lots of shorts) and at least another 20 farm animals ! He was pretty giddy !!! The fish moved up to 17ft of water and wanted small spoons. Dipsys at 1-20, 2-25, 3-35.. Perch/copper patterns were best. Caught a few fish on P-10’s, flicker 9’s and Bandits. Spoons were definitely best! Speed was 2.1-2.3. Took about 2 hours to sort through the shorts to get our 18, we were all reeling a bunch of times . What a great event that is, can’t wait for next year!!!!!

·
Registered
711 Posts
This was the first yesr I fished the event to ranger pig. I wanted to go to lorain Thursday but went out to that area by Kelly's and fought the waves and got 7 keepers. We fished lorain yesterday and got their limit for them with the big rollers. We fished the same area today and only pulled 4. Looking forward to the event next year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This was the first yesr I fished the event to ranger pig. I wanted to go to lorain Thursday but went out to that area by Kelly's and fought the waves and got 7 keepers. We fished lorain yesterday and got their limit for them with the big rollers. We fished the same area today and only pulled 4. Looking forward to the event next year.

Yeah we did that with our limits from yesterday also , figured they could use all they could get!! What boat were you in?

·
Registered
711 Posts
A black crestliner authority. I didnt stay at the camp ground though.. I wasnt a fan of that run to the north side of Kelly's thursday and my 6 year old son sure wasnt. I should of stuck with my gut and went to lorain

1 - 8 of 8 Posts