Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good bite around 25/26 line. 39-41 Ft. very clear 45-47 degree water. #12 custom DHJ 60-70 back best, one at 100. purple/pink/ with chart. stripes or dots, huff daddy type colors. I lose track with all the colors out now. Bandits 60 back, purple prism. 11 of my 13 fish were pre spawn 23" average, one 28" post spawn & one 19" male.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I was around that area today you must of found a good pod I searched and searched and never could find any good Mark's got slunked.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nobody around me until noon, then one boat moved in. I was fishing solo in a red Ranger, left about 12:45.

·
DammitDave
254 Posts
Good bite around 25/26 line. 39-41 Ft. very clear 45-47 degree water. #12 custom DHJ 60-70 back best, one at 100. purple/pink/ with chart. stripes or dots, huff daddy type colors. I lose track with all the colors out now. Bandits 60 back, purple prism. 11 of my 13 fish were pre spawn 23" average, one 28" post spawn & one 19" male.
Hey - good to see that you got out and found some good active fish. I would say you did outstanding once again fishing solo! Fished out of Turtle Creek with buddies the past few days and did well out there, but glad to hear that I can probably drive 20 minutes to the ramp rather than an hour plus. Hope we can get out together in the near future.
Thanks for the report!
DammitDave

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey - good to see that you got out and found some good active fish. I would say you did outstanding once again fishing solo! Fished out of Turtle Creek with buddies the past few days and did well out there, but glad to hear that I can probably drive 20 minutes to the ramp rather than an hour plus. Hope we can get out together in the near future.
Thanks for the report!
DammitDave
Hey Dave, I almost went to Catawba, but I don't like crowds. Got to Huron around 8:00 and I was the first guy there, much better. Miller Rd. is being dredged now, they said docks should be in by Wednesday 14th. I retired first of Feb. Game on now! I will be fishing Huron/Lorain looking for pre-spawners. I'll be in touch.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Took the old man out of Vermillion this morning for smallies. Water temp ranged between 48-49. He caught a keeper male walleye 18.5” on a tube and that was it. Saw several boats but no action...Wind was blowing pretty good and I have no drift socks, so we decided to call it a day around noon.
Sun was shining, no skunk, and got to spend another day with my 76 yr old dad!! I’m guessing two weeks and smallie action should be golden.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Took the old man out of Vermillion this morning for smallies. Water temp ranged between 48-49. He caught a keeper male walleye 18.5” on a tube and that was it. Saw several boats but no action...Wind was blowing pretty good and I have no drift socks, so we decided to call it a day around noon.
Sun was shining, no skunk, and got to spend another day with my 76 yr old dad!! I’m guessing two weeks and smallie action should be golden.
Where do you live? I have a drift bag i would give to you as i dont use it. Anything to help a father son get out on the lake. Pm me

1 - 9 of 9 Posts