Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am launching out of Huron tomorrow morning, which way should i head to catch some eyes? Appreciate any advice.
Thanks,
Ron

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,546 Posts
Fishing off Cedar point by the dumping grounds has been really good, lots of 2003 fish to be had in the area, any program will work, it would be about 8-10 miles from where you will be launching. Krusty might be able to chime in with Huron locations.

·
KrustyDawg
2,632 Posts
Ron,
The eyes have been a little bit deeper recently (34-36 fow). After the NE winds the last couple of days they may have moved a little closer to shore (this is not confirmed just an educated guess). I will be out tomorrow morning but I will be perch fishing for atleast a couple of hours, then maybe switch over to the eyes. The Cedar Point area was a zoo last weekend from what I heard so I stayed away from that area. I would head straight out of the mouth of the river to 30 fow and put the dipseys out (assuming you are trolling) and troll NW out to 36 fow, this area has been great all summer long. Good luck !

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Ron,
I "plan" to be on the water Wed at 6ish out of the Huron river. I'll prolly start in 28fow and work my west zig zagging out to 36fow. I monitor 79. Right off Cedar Point WILL be a ZOO !! If you stay north of 28fow, you'll be off the main jet path of those racing to the Point !

GR

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, looks i will go NW and try and find the dumping grounds, never been there before and see what happens. I will troll but with the wind forecast shouldn't if be good for drifting also?
Thanks,
Ron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts