Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched at Cranberry Creek this afternoon planning on drifting with crawler harnesses... only one problem, the Lake was as flat as its ever going to be I'm talking pool table flat. Used the electric trolling motor but couldn't get anything going with the harnesses . Did not really have trolling grear ( no boards, dipseys or jets ) so we trolled the old fashion way , just thru some plastic out and flat lined , picked up 4 Walleye's 25 incher and 3 cookie cutter 20's also got a nice 19 inch smallmouth trolling , oh yea and a fish ohio Sheep critter , very nice day on the water although when we were pulling the boat ( around 8:30pm ) the north wind had really started to blow pretty hard , don't know what Saturday will be like on the lake ?

Got 2 walleyes on a reef runner ( cheap sunglasses ) and 2 walleyes and the smallmouth on a silver wally diver .... oh yea the sheep came on the reef runner

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I too planned on drifting, but ended up trolling. Slow pick, but I managed 3.
All on a mass confusion spoon, 65 back, dipsey setting 3, 32-35fow north of the castle.
Since the Huron bowl is my primary fishing hole and this was my first trip, I was pleasantly surprised by the number of marks and the size of the fish boxed.
At the ramp Mr. Walski claimed he's seen unspawned out females come in "this week". Is that possible ?????? (he was actually quite pleasant, for him)
Heard a few OGF'rs on the radio, but I wasn't able to send. Wknd project w/ the wind'n'wave forecast.

GR

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
Glad you got some fish, BIG E. Me and CW 261 pulled marathon outing yesterday. Launched at about 6:30 am, and got off the water at about 11:30 pm. Seventeen hours in the boat for nine walleyes. One went 6.7 pounds.

Long day on the water, but it was a beautiful day to do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts