Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6/9 - Got to the lake and headed out of Huron river around 1:30; drifted bbs with harnesses and picked up a ton of trash fish and one eye. Trolled for 2 hours and caught another 2 dozen sheep and white bass; one eye. Had to get back to set up camp so only fished 4 hours, but not good!

6/10 - Launched at Cranberry @ 8am to save some time and headed northeast and stayed out away from the pack. Ran 30 jets 2.2-2.8 back 95-135 off big boards. Only a couple trash fish out there and a nice aggressive group of eyes. We sorted through many and had a nice limit; couldn't even get the rods in fast enough and had to release one more while pulling in gear. Monkey Puke, Confusion caught most fish.
Largest 30.5 inches 10lbs 2 ounces; another 27.5 inch right at 7lbs.

Also caught a fishohio sheephead that was just under 14 lbs and I had a big bullet on for about 45 seconds (long enough to have a good bruise on my stomach from my rod tip!) He jumped twice and spit the spoon.

6/11 - Launched at Cranberry around 7:30 and worked the same area with slow results. Chicken Wing was best - pulled 4 out there. Headed back straight north of cranberry in 32 FOW and started picking them up steady - 1 5.5 pounder, the rest chunky 03's. Got our ticket right at 1pm and took off for home.

Another great trip!

·
KrustyDawg
2,633 Posts
Nice report Lance ! Great pics and good talkin' to ya this weekend.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same to you Krusty!

I meant to add that the bullet actually broke the hook off the stinger - snapped it right in half. It was also bent pretty bad. Them things have some power:B

1 - 3 of 3 Posts