Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched out of Huron this morning around 645. Lines in the water at 7 and first fish in the boat at 705. Was a steady pick of eaters 18-23 inches West and North west of dump. Early in morning bandits off boards 20 back was best lead by 9 am leads were 50–85 back on bandits. No color really stood out. 3 man limit by 10:30. Bite really slowed for us after 9 am

·
50 Posts
I didn’t get there until 9:30. Went out in front of Castle from 20 feet of water until 41. Didn’t see much catching in the loose pack. I got one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Was the water still high at Huron,I fish solo and makes it hard to launch and load?
Was the water still high at Huron,I fish solo and makes it hard to launch and load?
I went solo today, launched with water up high. When I came in it dropped do much I never touched a wet spot.

Fished north of cranberry in 37 ft of water. Limited in two hours. Bad news is they only hit one lure. A green and blue glass HJ. At least I think it was an HJ.

Wouldn't touch anything else I laid in front of them, spoons, harnesses etc.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I solo'ed out of Huron this a.m went east of the river to 36-37 fow. Set lines by 7:15, had a slow start but it got better closer to Cranberry. I was heading back to the river by 9:40, culled a few fish but wanted off the water before it got any hotter. Kept 18-20", tossed 4 or 5 smaller. Bandits 40-60 bk., also took several with #1 dipsey on 2 setting 45' bk. pulling a Blueberry Muffin/chartreuse bk. stinger spoon. Water was high at ramp when I launched but down upon return.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I went solo today, launched with water up high. When I came in it dropped do much I never touched a wet spot.

Fished north of cranberry in 37 ft of water. Limited in two hours. Bad news is they only hit one lure. A green and blue glass HJ. At least I think it was an HJ.

Wouldn't touch anything else I laid in front of them, spoons, harnesses etc.
To add to my report; 1.7mph, 65 back. Back out today, good luck everyone!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm new to Huron I use to fish in Lorain. Can anyone tell me the dump is in Huron? I went out once and had to luck catching anything.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm new to Huron I use to fish in Lorain. Can anyone tell me the dump is in Huron? I went out once and had to luck catching anything.
Text Map Line Parallel
a
The depths on the map are off it’s more like 40-42 FOW. As you can see it’s a little NW out of mouth of river

·
Registered
364 Posts
I fished north of Cranberry the last two days. Friday was a quick 2 man limit in 38-39 FOW north of the marina to north of the castle. 40-60 back on bandits was best. Fun working with Fishtracker. He got em south of where I was at. Yesterday was basically the same results same program with a 3 man limit. However, we ventured out to deeper water to get away from the pack of boats and still caught fish in 42-43 FOW. A few fish were taken each day on a 3 setting dipsy/spoon 45-55 back.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
It was! I have a Trophy on a roller trailer , guess I'll be buying some cheap hip waders before fall , seems everywhere I've launched I gotta wade in with this high water

1 - 15 of 15 Posts