Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
KrustyDawg
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dipseys hit the water off Huron at 6:15 pm and came out at 8:00 pm or so with 2 tickets. Lost several bringing them in. A lot of white bass and perch, just have to fight through them. Some nicer fish this evening 4 fish in the 5 lb. range. 25.7 N 32.5 W in 32-33 fow. Big dipsey 3 setting back 50 ft. small dipsey 0 setting 65-70 back. Hot spoon was chicken wing on 3 of the 4 rods. Trolling speed was critical tonight only pulled a couple going 2.5 mph and above, once I slowed the speed down to 2.0 mph. the fish cooperated much better. Surface temp is 74.5F. Saw JJLundy out there drifting in a buddies boat (how did you end up ?).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Matt,
Figured you guys nailed them. Saw you guys pick up. We only got 4 drifting with weapon and weight forward. Tried many colors. We lost 2 or 3 at boat. I think if we had a drift we would have caught them. I know we did not cover much water in the 3 hrs fishing. We are going out this afternoon at Cran Cr. Let you know how we did. Later, Jason

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
Good work on the eyes, Matt. I'll be up next weekend for a week's stay. I'll certainly be headed east for a day or two and hopefully work that area over a bit. ;)

·
KrustyDawg
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good work on the eyes, Matt. I'll be up next weekend for a week's stay. I'll certainly be headed east for a day or two and hopefully work that area over a bit. ;)
Sounds good Rodney. This area has been really good the entire month of June. I will PM you my cell #, give me a ring and I will give you the latest report. A weeks vacation on the Lake sounds good !:D

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Matt, we musta been comin' in as you were headin out Friday. Same results same area. Bare Naked RR was on fire!
Saturday morning I moved out to 39-41fow to avoid all the traffic zoomin by me on their way to Cedar Point. Same results but had less junk fish. Spoons'n'dipseys did better in the am - anything with purple. Better size fish were deep.

GR

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hook,

I'm heading up next week also. I'm leaving Thursday morning for a week. Im planning on fishing Dave's tournament on Saturday and I'll be prefishing for hopefully Thursday and Friday out of Cranberry Creek. Sunday I'll head back over to Fenwick or Catawba to fish. I'll be on 71.

Stinger

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Hey Krusty,
I was between boats last summer.
How long did the big numbers of eyes stay in the area ?

Talked with a Div of Wildlife officer at the ramp, and he said the younger eyes are "not as" water temp sensitive as the bigger eyes.

GR

·
KrustyDawg
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Krusty,
I was between boats last summer.
How long did the big numbers of eyes stay in the area ?

Talked with a Div of Wildlife officer at the ramp, and he said the younger eyes are "not as" water temp sensitive as the bigger eyes.

GR
ODNR is correct, last year the bite was hot all the through the summer in this area and the water temps. (according to my log book) were nearly the same. The fish may move a little deeper in August toward the dumping grounds, this area was hot in August of 06'.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Krusty,

I gave your cordinates a try Sunday and did not do so well trolling for about a hour and a half. I the went back and drifted that area with eries and some meat. Did not take long to pull a ticket. Thanks for the report.

·
KrustyDawg
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Krusty,

I gave your cordinates a try Sunday and did not do so well trolling for about a hour and a half. I the went back and drifted that area with eries and some meat. Did not take long to pull a ticket. Thanks for the report.
Nice job Bill. I did not get out Saturday or Sunday but I heard the drifters were doing better than the trollers. Great to hear you got your fish. Next trip for me will probably be tomorrow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts