Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi iwas wondering if anyone knew of someone willing to let me crossbow and gun hunt on there property i live in Norwalk. I'm willing to pay some cash for the season depending on property and how much cash they want. I recently lost the privelge to hunt where i use to because of sale of property. Thankyou very much for any info.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I would just drive around in the area that you like to hunt. Go and knock on some doors. Believe me you ask 10 people to hunt, you will get at least 1 yes.

·
Multi Species Angler
6,218 Posts
I would just drive around in the area that you like to hunt. Go and knock on some doors. Believe me you ask 10 people to hunt, you will get at least 1 yes.
My buddy and I did that this past weekend. We stopped at 14 properties. We found 3 properties with nobody home. We got 11 "no sorry we have enough hunters already." They were all nice and friendly folks. A few even thanked us for asking, but no luck for us. So, that is probably not the best way to gain access, but I have had it work for me in the past. It only takes one, "yes".

My next step will be to visit a grain bin at harvest time and ask some farmers in that area if they need any help around the farm. That might get my foot in the door and lead to permission to hunt. If a guy is willing to do some work for a farmer.....he's probably a good guy. Yet, a stranger on the porch..........it's just easier to say, "no, we're full".

·
Registered
344 Posts
The best time to be asking in may, june, july.

Most landowners that allow are filled up. I am not saying you should stop asking, but letting you know.

Good luck!

·
walleyes and whitetails
384 Posts
this may be wrong but it works take a small kid with you and send them to the door asking if u and the kid could hunt there. its hard to say no to that little face. i cant say for sure but i think my dad used me like that lol cause he would always say well boy go on up there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts