Hundreds Of Gallons Of Dye Turn River Green

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by howdog, Jan 25, 2008.

1. howdog

howdog Overrated since 80'

2. uh wow wonder how green was it?

3. howdog

howdog Overrated since 80'

My favorite

"The EPA said the dye is non-toxic and it is not expected to make a environmental impact, however, officials are not sure how the dye got into the river in the first place."

4. isn't that nice! go EPA.:mad:

5. THe Akron Beacon Journal has a picture of it. It is bright flourescent green in the holding tank at the treatment plant. The picture of the river does not appear to be as bright.

Scott

6. St. Patty's Day is a couple months early this year! I wonder what type of dye it is. They do it every year in Chicago I think.

7. Wasn't that the river that caught fire once?

8. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

They said it was about 55 gallons of marking dye used to trace sewer flows.
    Non toxic, thankfully. Would have like to have seen it yesterday.

9. Absolutely correct. I've been there for it as one of my college buddies had a place right behind Wrigley Field. It's actually a pretty cool sight to see.

10. WalleyeJones

WalleyeJones Extra Long Member

I know how it got in there...usually involves alcohol and a dare...

11. Hey, some of you pike fisherman put that dye in there so you could see those big pike better.

Rich

12. Agent47

Agent47 Trying to pull it in!!!!

twice

This happens everynow and then when the "greys" {aliens} decide to try and fish and the Govt has to cover it up..RFLAO

13. that would happen when we used Fluorescent dye to check for condenser leaks in power plants ,

14. i saw it discolored on weds. I was about the color of antifreeze. Maybe a little darker. Actually it was pretty ool to fish in. Definetly weird! I knew water turned green when it gets really cold but that was a bit too green.