Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Humminbird transom speed sensor for sale. It is Humminbird part #730021-1. Package says it fits all Matrix, 100, 300, 500 700 and 900 Series. Measures speed from 2 to 70 mph. I opened the package because I bought it separately from the depth finder and didn't realize the depth finder came with a speed sensor. These sell for $40 new. Since the package is opened, I will sell it for $20. I am in Uniontown in Stark County. Name is Roger. Cell phone is 330-903-0803.

·
Registered
73 Posts
...wanted to ask what depthfinder you bought...I am thinking about a Hummingbird 570...problem is that I want to be able to monitor speed less than 2 mph for lake erie walleye fishing...thoughts? paul

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you are serious, you should spend the money and get a gps. I went the cheap route and got a Humminbird 565 with a speed sensor for around $250...and regretted it evertyime I hit the water. I wanted speeds around 1.5 to 1.8 mph for saugeye and just couldn't get the right speed down. I think the speed sensor was always off 0.5 mph one way or the other. I eventually got a Humminbird 788. Best money I ever spent. I later added a Hummindbird 798SI but was not impressed as the speed on the 798 was never accurate.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are still interested in the speed sensor, I am working in Reminderville for the next two weeks and could meet you to drop it off. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts