close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Humminbird LCR-3D?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fish-N-Fool, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Anybody know anything about this model of Humminbird? I pulled it off a boat my buddy bought a few weeks ago. It's in great condition; looks brand new. I haven't done anything with it yet - I'm just looking for general info/opinions.

Thanks!

2. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Hey fool

One of the fishfinders I own is a 3-d hummerbird

It has 3-d and normal screen functions and a split screen function to show both views.

Sensitivity setting
    Bottom alarm
    Fish alarm big/small(all)
    Bottom lack and zoom
    Optional temperature and speed sensors which often come with the 3d
    Lighted background for night

The 3-d screen helps me understand bottom structure and compostion better than normal view. I can tell compound angles of drop offs and creek channels.

I did not attach the temp/speed sensor to the bottom of the boat. I prefer to beach the boat and fish from shore which would probably break the sensor.
    Since there is plenty of wire on the sensor I can take temp readings at various depths instead of being content with surface temperature.

When I find a generous woman with a good attitude I may be able to purchase a new color septhfinder but I will also uae the 3-d to help me interpret structure more quickly.