Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this unit and am looking to purchase a map card.

My manual lists these map chips as "compatible":

Lakemaster
Navionics Gold
Hot Maps
Hot Maps Premium

And these as "Non-compatible":

Navionics Classic Charts
Navionics Platinum Cartography

It seems that some of these do not exist anymore. Or names have changed (Navionics+??)

Bottom line, which is the best chip out there today for my unit? (Erie, and Inland lakes WB, Skeeter, MIlton, Berlin, etc)

Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just got this unit and am looking to purchase a map card.

My manual lists these map chips as "compatible":

Lakemaster
Navionics Gold
Hot Maps
Hot Maps Premium

And these as "Non-compatible":

Navionics Classic Charts
Navionics Platinum Cartography

It seems that some of these do not exist anymore. Or names have changed (Navionics+??)

Bottom line, which is the best chip out there today for my unit? (Erie, and Inland lakes WB, Skeeter, MIlton, Berlin, etc)

Thanks!
The best map card for your unit will be the card that has the detail you need for the lakes you need ...

Here is the Lakemaster lake list ...
http://www.humminbird.com/Category/Support/Find-a-Lake/

The detail for the Navionics + is here in their webapp ... You can zoom in and see the exact detail that the card would have ...
http://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en#@6&key=wfleFnz`tQ

The Navionics Premium cards were discontinued at the end of 2015 ...

Navionics Gold is coastal ...

Lakemaster will give your HB a few extra map customizing features if you find that your lakes are covered ...

Rickie

·
Registered
297 Posts
I use a Navionics + chip in my units they can be updated all year at any time and with all the people sonar charting there is an influx of contours in new lakes being added daily

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.