Huge GMR woodpile

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by cantsleep, Jun 12, 2008.

1. cantsleep

cantsleep 3rd shift blues

There is a large strainer of driftwood that has piled up against two of the bridge supports on one of the GMR bridges in Middletown. It has been growing for at least the last three weeks, and now has spanned across open water to pile up on seperate concrete supports.
    Question #1, is there a chance of this huge pile of wood damaging the bridge? The MVC keeps saying they are gonna clear it, but it just keeps growing. Is it dangerous?
    Question #2, should I be trying like crazy to fish this thing before the bridge falls down?:p

2. fish the upper end of it.....I've caught many nice flatheads on pilings that stack up with drift and bebri....be prepared to lose a few hooks though...:)

3. cantsleep

cantsleep 3rd shift blues

Makes sense, and I can imagine a few snags would be impossible to prevent. :mad: Seems like that much structure would have to hold fish. What about slack areas behind it?

4. i am going to try it this weekend if we don't get anymore rain, i know where you are talking about, below west Middletown bridge, i am from Middletown also and have been tearing up the small channel cats in the flood waters just to the east of it, 15 yesterday in a hour and a half........pm me we might get together and hit a couple spots this weekend.......Mike

5. GMRcatman

GMRcatman I'm Back!

I also am planning on hitting that for cats. Sorry I haven't replied to your post to me Mike. I will be fishing a lot this weekend all around Middletown. Send me a p.m. if you would like to get together.

6. Some of my biggest Flats have come from built up log jams usually always catch one from any log jam I have fished not always big but a fish none the less and if it been there for weeks sure it has attracted some fish by now....