Huge Crappie At Lake Rockwell

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Mr. Whiskers, May 11, 2018.

1. Here's a couple 18" crappie caught off the causeway at Lake Rockwell. Only caught 17 between us but all were huge.

Attached Files:

JamesF, cane pole, B Ron 11 and 8 others like this.
  2. WOW! You'll have company...

ya13ya03 likes this.

3. If that's where he caught em.

Phish_4_Bass likes this.
  4. brad crappie

brad crappie Angry hillbilly

See how fast the state could screw that lake up if it became public! If they didn't put panfish regulations on it we'll give it 2 years on the size of fish!

5. Whisk, WOW! Thx for posting that! Are those waders? Would/could a Rockwell crappie count as a State record? I'm sure it's there-if so!

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  6. snag

snag

If those are waders he’s sneaking in , not even allowed to do. But I have seen a couple vehicles parked off of 14 in the berm last week about 20 feet from a no parking sign. That won’t last long before they get the boot.

7. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

Wondering...besides that lake being off limits, why are the crappie so big in that lake?

kapposgd and Masterbaiter66 like this.
  8. Mitch,

A lot of Shad and being closed mostly to fishing since I have been alive.

9. brad crappie

brad crappie Angry hillbilly

The human element has not affected the fisherie! Some lakes can manage themselves some can't!!

Steelhauler and pymybob like this.
  10. GMOs

11. lol the cats out of the bag. That's normal for there.

12. Flathead76

Flathead76 Carp53.65

Most of the record panfish including the current state record black crappie have come from private waters. As long as it's not a pay to fish body of water it counts.

13. Maybe the waders are insulated and he was cold.... ;). Something fishy goin on here. Nice fish but not worth a fine or a trespassing charge.

14. snag

snag

On the internet you can say you caught fish from anywhere doesn’t mean it’s true, this thread comes up every year. Meander s next.

matticito likes this.
  15. yea I like fishing Meander :rolleyes:

matticito likes this.
  16. Suppose to fish in a Bluefin Tuna tourney at Meander of Father's Day.

cane pole and berkshirepresident like this.
  17. twistedcatfish1971

twistedcatfish1971 Fish fire food friends family

Have been seeing cars/trucks parked there for several months now...sometimes up to 4 cars. Seen cops drive by and kept going....?

Don.

matticito and snag like this.
  18. Nice fish! Walborn, Milton, Berlin and West Branch all have fish of this size. Fishing at dusk gets em.

Attached Files:

bdawg, cane pole, JB123 and 4 others like this.
  19. Speaking of Walborn, been wanting to ask on here if it's good for "legal" sized crappie? Or, is it "unrestricted" like Wft and Moggie? I live fairly close and only fished it in late summer, once, fifteen years ago.(Was like NO fish on locator entire trip. Haven't been back since.)

20. snag

snag

CJ I looked that up today in the regulations, and no size limit on walborn , deer creek moggie and la due. Springfield has a 9 in rule.