close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Huge Blues on Baby Bullheads

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by pendog66, Aug 29, 2005.

1. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

I went and saw my buddy steve fish at a paylake a couple of weeks ago and all he was using was baby bullheads that at best were 1 inch long. Some were even 1/2 a inch. And i watched him pull out blue after blue(i counted 20 in a hour). And all of them were nice size blues. Im talking 20 to 30 pound range and one that got up to 62lbs. I was just wondering if anyone else has tried this. I've used yellow bullhead before but they were 8 and 9 inches long. And it has always been flatheads that have hit them.

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I tried one for the first time the other day, no luck. Dude, I am going to go against all things Holy & go with you next time to that paylake. I want to get some cats for the pond @ the cabin (my buddys pond)!!!!!!! That pond you guys are stocking is going to be great.

3. Ive used them before and caught shovelheads in the tusc...

4. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

did I hear something about a bridge for sale down here?

5. 20 in 1 hour = 1 fish every 3 minutes from 20 to 60lbs..Netting the fish,taking pictures (i'm sure),rebaiting the hook all in 3 minutes and doing it for 1 hour straight..WOW IRON MAN---LOL

Insane---out

6. sounds like the twenty THREE pound channel cats we were catching last night :p lol