HUGE Beaver Hut

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishingredhawk, Feb 6, 2008.

1. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Check out the size of this beaver hut that was exposed at Alum back in November. I have caught a lot of bass off of this thing. Now I see why! It was probably 50 yards wide. Unreal...

[​IMG]

2. WB185Ranger

WB185Ranger Gotta Love Odie!

Wow! Would you mind sharing "about where" its located at on Alum??!! :) WB

3. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Haha WB, it is in a cove ;)

4. WB185Ranger

WB185Ranger Gotta Love Odie!

Now you must have known someone was going to ask you that question sooner or later!!! :) WB

5. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

i have seen them over 4 foot high on the cuyahoga.

6. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

We found a couple beaver huts at Alum, but I do not think that is one.
    Looks bassy! ;)

7. I make it a point to always fish that hut for crappies. I've seen guys sit there all day and catch fish.

8. It's a food pile, not a hut as it would be below waterline. Nice picture & I know exactly where's that is at !!! The crappie will be all over that during the spawn. Go on back the cove & you'll find a small hut & a couple bank dens on the left side. Don't worry, your secret's safe.
    Tim

9. Man I have caught so many bass off that :) Never knew it was "that" big though. Great pic!

10. THATS COOL !! didnt know they would stack their food up like that, have saw some down to Indian Lake, but nothing that big.

11. That is a big one, I seen a couple on the Darby a few years back.

12. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

;) remember that one john

13. Yes,
    I have also fished this several times early in the spring.

14. That hut is huge! I've seen much smaller ones on the Darby and Deer Creek. Neat pic!