HP of Minn Kota 30 lb

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by Basserman, Sep 10, 2007.

1. I have a question for everyone and i know that are a few factors that could vary the answer. I am wondering if anyone could tell me roughly the HP of a new Minn Kota 30 lb transom mount? I have a very large trolling battery for it. I was given an old (very heavy) 5hp so I thought I might give it a try. The 5 hp has been used on this boat before it was mine. I only torn because the Minn Kota is reliable, quit and easy to fish by. I can't use both without a some construction on the front end. Man I need a bass boat. Thanks guys

2. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Bit by Musky bug

I remember seeing a advertisement in a magazine years ago for Motor Guide when they came out with a 107 pounds of thrust, it said something about 3HP being equivalent. hope this helps.

3. flounder

flounder 2 min 30 sec from Hoover

They do make some front mount brackets for a transom mount trolling motor, or it is easy to make one from a 2x4 and a couple metal brackets from the hardware store.

That way you have the best of both worlds (speed to get to the fish quicker and quiet to sneak up on 'em) :D