Hoyt users

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by buckeyeguy, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Hi all, does anyone know if the 2008 Hoyt Avenger has the hole in the rear of the riser for the string supressor? I just feel into a little extra cash and was looking at getting my first compound bow.

So far I have shot:
    1. Bowtech Tomkat - Really liked the bow. I had just heard several buddys of mine complain about their customer service.

2. Parker Trailblazer - Didn't care for it as much. Shot the package deal and thought there was just a little too much vibration for my taste.

3. PSE Stinger - Didn't care for it for the same reasons as the Trailblazer.

4. Bear Lights Out - Liked it a lot. Felt crisp and little if any vibration. The only dislike was the grip was cheap.

5. Hoyt Superhawk - Liked it, but when I started to add everything to it, it was a liitle bit more than what i was wanting to spend.

6. Hoyt Avenger - Really liked it and liked the package price tag.

Of all the bows that I shot, the Bear was the only one which had a string supressor on it and I think that it makes all the difference in the world. I have quite a few friends that shoot Hoyts and they all talk a big game about them. I really did like the feel of them the best. It felt like they had the best/smoothest draw on them.

Anyway, does anyone know if the Avenger is "pre-drilled" for the string supressor?

2. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

not sure if the avenger has the rear hole or not, but i know hoyt does sell side mounted sts's that would work with it im sure. It mounts on the side of the riser.

3. I have that same bow its awsome. I shot with it all summer,I wont go with any other brand. I kid you not,"if I put a tennis ball on the target" I cold put 3 arrows in it from 30 yards. The grupping is awsome the bow is smooth. I bought mine at fin in ashland.Good people there.

4. Hoyt makes an aftermarker string suppressor go to fuse archery and they have a pick of it on there. It goes on behind the stabilzer. I have been shooting hoyt now for 12 years and will never shoot nothing else but hoyt. There is a shop in Gallipolis. Called Richies and he has some real good deals on hoyt's even sells some used ones. He has what you are looking for there. I saw it there Thursday. Hope this helps. Good Luck on finding a bow (Hoyt)

5. I use the STS on my Trykon. It screws in behind my stabilizer on the front. Works great!

6. Went to Portage Archery yesterday and Tim hooked me up with a good setup on a 2009 Hoyt PowerHawk. They had a good deal on the Kateras. If you bought one, you got $100 in free accessories. I opted to spend a couple hundred less.

This is my first compound bow and for what little time I have had to shoot it, I love it. Ended up putting one of the STS string stabilizers on it. Makes a heck of a difference on any bow.

So far from what I have experienced I would definitely do business with Portage Archery again. I didn't have time to sight it in on their range yesterday but he told me to come back when I could and they would help get get it sighted in.