Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Duck Enemy #1
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last weekend I was running my live well and set it for automatic aeration. There was also a recirculation knob that I think was on a while. After a couple of hours the boat bogged down and I ran the bilge for almost an hour, pumping water hard the entire time. So all I can think is that the livewell was pumping water in the whole time and not pumping any back out. There are so many controls on this new boat for the live well that I really have no idea what the difference is between them.

So when I noticed this, I pulled the bottom plug out and it didnt seem to drain.

It is a tracker Targa. Just Crazy indicated that there may be a plug somewhere that I have to pull out for the livewell to keep from over flowing.

Now, I cant say that my description above is correct. It was kinda hectic that day.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
947 Posts
In my tracker, not a targa, there were pipes in the baitwells that were the overflow tubes and you would remove these to fully drain the baitwell. Livewell may be a different story. I remember my baitwells overflowing also. wet carpet is the telltale sign!

MikeC

·
Duck Enemy #1
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a Targa 18.5 WT Aluminum. It has two livewells. The wells have a drain in the bottom (Which doesnt seem to drain when Im on the water, I pulled the plug and nothing happened)
And a white thing on the side that seems to pump water in and a redish thing on the side that does who knows what...

·
Registered
947 Posts
If I rememeber right, there was pull things like a manual choke would look like and you would push and pull to open and close. should be right around the livewell but outside of it. Buckeye Sports specializes in Trackers. don't have the number though.

·
Registered
728 Posts
The big holes on the outside of the hull (at the top level of the live wells) is their overflow. The drains/inlets should be on the transom on either side of your drain plug. On one side of your hull, usually on the front half, will be a small plastic cover that should be your gas tank vent. Not sure about the little minnow bucket drains if that is what you're talking about. If you're sitting in back of your boat and the lake level is not below the bottom of your livewell, it will not drain completely. The head pressure at the drain will be equal between the lake and the livewell, the livewell will only drain to the level of the water you're in. When underway and the boat is on plane, there shouldn't be much head pressure at the drain of the livewell and it'll drain close to empty if the plug is pulled. Hope this helps.

·
Larry Lange
331 Posts
The red aeration nozzle is for your recirculation and pump out. If you push the red aerator in I believe the pump will recirculate just the water in the live well over and over again. If you pull the red aerator out it will pump the water out of your live well. The best way to learn is fill your live well up and try all of the bells and whistles. I am having a little bit of problem figuring out all of the controls myself. I just got my new targa 185 this year as well. Did you get it with the 150 Optimax?

Larry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts