close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How's things on the Hocking lately?

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by HockingEscape, May 21, 2007.

1. HockingEscape

HockingEscape AKA RXDAWG44

I plan on some early morning fishin on Sat-Sun-Mon. Haven't been since early April.

2. The water is low and has been very clear lately. Still catching smallies, but having to work for the bigger ones. Not many spots lately, I was seeing them on the beds a week ago. Catfish are biting good as well.

3. HockingEscape

I usually end up catching mostly cats and sheephead. I am hoping the water stays somewhat clear thru the weekend.

4. Has anyone been catfishing at the mill lately? I'm thinking of trying some livers and cut shad later this week.

5. I was their yesterday from 3 to 5 and caught 5 eyes and 3 white bass nothing worth flipping over.

6. RiverWader

RiverWader Cottontail Mafia

Brian , Did you go to Whites Mill??

7. Cats were biting well last night, couple around 20"

8. hey guys was in logan for a day staying at my sisters fished in the hocking for the first time in that area fished from 8 till dark last night and had 3 small smallies and had 4 in about 1 1/2 today two were nice 2lbers had 6 bites in all today had em on the good ole venom tubes cant beat em

9. HockingEscape

Fished the river while at my cabin in Coolville over the weekend. Got smallies, sheephead and cats. I did not think the smallies were down that far the Hocking but I caught 4 of them, 5-7 inches each.