Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Proud Member
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping to hit the big lake for smallies this weekend, are the waves going to be too big for my bass tracker? I planned on staying in Port Clinton and boating out to the islands to fish. Are they predicting big waves? Are there protected areas with good fishing? Thanks for your help.

·
Cowboy Charters
1,660 Posts
They are prodicting big waves. there is suppose to be a small craft advisory out for all weekend long. There is protected areas around the islands if you can get on the opposite side of the wind.

SYNOPSIS
A LARGE AREA OF HIGH PRESSURE AVERAGING 30.30 INCHES
EXTENDS FROM HUDSON BAY SOUTH ACROSS THE EASTERN GREAT LAKES. THE
HIGH WILL MOVE SLOWLY ACROSS THE EASTERN LAKES THIS WEEKEND...THEN
DROP INTO THE OHIO VALLEY TUESDAY.

TODAY
EAST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHEAST. WAVES 3 TO
5 FEET.

TONIGHT
NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS BECOMING EAST. WAVES
3 TO 5 FEET...SUBSIDING TO 2 TO 4 FEET.

SATURDAY
EAST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHEAST 15 TO
25 KNOTS. WAVES BUILDING TO 4 TO 6 FEET.

SATURDAY NIGHT
NORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 25 KNOTS BECOMING EAST.
WAVES 4 TO 6 FEET.

SUNDAY
EAST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS. WAVES 3 TO 5 FEET SUBSIDING
TO 2 TO 4 FEET.

·
Dr Data
732 Posts
Frustrating when it gets like this.... but waves 5-7' in a bass tracker .. well i personally wouldn't think of it.... if you are already committed to going (IE Hotel reservations, time off work) you may want to call the headboats and see if they are running... not smallie action but may salvage a weekend.... just an idea

Waiting for the mulch to arrive to salvage my day off...lol

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
Is east 72nd fishable in a east wind?

·
Administrator
9,457 Posts
Ya, Rutty. Looks like a wash this weekend. Guess I'll do some "honey-dos" and clean up the boat.

What sucks is... I'm out of town the next 2 weekends.

Maybe I'll drive over to Sidecut and see if i can trick a few white bass. Maybe a walleye will fall for my jig.

·
Cowboy Charters
1,660 Posts
Ya, Rutty. Looks like a wash this weekend. Guess I'll do some "honey-dos" and clean up the boat.

What sucks is... I'm out of town the next 2 weekends.

Maybe I'll drive over to Sidecut and see if i can trick a few white bass. Maybe a walleye will fall for my jig.

That is what i have to do. I have a softball tournament on Saturday, then the "Honey-do" list will be coming out on Sunday.....of course after an early morning of crappie fishing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts