Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Were going out Sunday morning for perch. Does anyone know how the perchin's doing out of the Vermilion harbour?? I'm gonna try drop shotting I think instead of spreaders,,,, What say you???

·
Registered
455 Posts
I didn't do any perch fishing, but heard several reports on the radio while trolling for eyes. According to the reports, from Beaver all the way East to Avon, perch are being caught from 35 to 45 FOW. I guess a lot of the perch have been around 5 feet off the bottom, so you might want to try reeling your bait up a couple turns. Everything I heard said spreaders or crappie rigs with Emeralds. There were a decent amount of boats North of the Lorain harbor breakwall when we came in the other day. If your boat is on a trailer, you might want to think about launching at Hotwaters for a shorter run.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Head out to the condos. There has been a decent size pack over there. My brother and I have done well a couple days this week in 32-35 fow. Wednesday we got our limit throwing back 10-15 that were under 8" and Friday we caught about 50. We were fishing about 3.5 hrs. both days. There were some 10-11 inches, most between 8 and 9 inches though. I didn't catch many junk fish over there either. Glad that we are finally catching some decent numbers after a terrible spring. Good luck, have fun and avoid those t-storms tomorrow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts