close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How's the rock look?

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by AnthHol, Nov 6, 2007.

1. anyone been down to the rocky near the marina and upstream from there? i havent been down since early last week and i was just wondering how the water is looking before i drive out there. Im sure it is a bit low but is it worth a short drive?

2. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

flow right now is 259 cfs. We got rain last night.

flash-------------------------------out

3. was low and slow yesterday. i only had an hour and fished up by 480 bridge. got one hook-up on a minnow. so many leaves it was about impossible to throw a spinner.

4. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

It was very low.
    we need a blow out.

5. corndawg

corndawg Go Bulldogs!!!

Just like in high water, the fish are there in the low water too; you just have to adapt to the situations. I fished the lower Rock this morning and went 3 for 4 in a 20’ by 30’ pool above a tail out. All caught on orange spawn dead drifted with no float and no weight. There are a lot of leaves in the river right now from the high winds but that’s only a speed bump. A good rain should blow them out for a while.

6. A buddy and I were down last night. :S . Only fished for about an hour an a half. The river is as low as I have ever seen it. Hopefully we get a decent amount of rain.

BTW, is the USGS river flow data working for anyone on the Rock? Any word on what is going on with it?