How's the rock look?

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by AnthHol, Nov 6, 2007.

1. anyone been down to the rocky near the marina and upstream from there? i havent been down since early last week and i was just wondering how the water is looking before i drive out there. Im sure it is a bit low but is it worth a short drive?

2. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

flow right now is 259 cfs. We got rain last night.

flash-------------------------------out

3. was low and slow yesterday. i only had an hour and fished up by 480 bridge. got one hook-up on a minnow. so many leaves it was about impossible to throw a spinner.

4. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

It was very low.
    we need a blow out.

5. corndawg

corndawg Go Bulldogs!!!

Just like in high water, the fish are there in the low water too; you just have to adapt to the situations. I fished the lower Rock this morning and went 3 for 4 in a 20’ by 30’ pool above a tail out. All caught on orange spawn dead drifted with no float and no weight. There are a lot of leaves in the river right now from the high winds but that’s only a speed bump. A good rain should blow them out for a while.

6. A buddy and I were down last night. :S . Only fished for about an hour an a half. The river is as low as I have ever seen it. Hopefully we get a decent amount of rain.

BTW, is the USGS river flow data working for anyone on the Rock? Any word on what is going on with it?