Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how the mushroom hunting is going I hope this cold snap doesnt screw things up for this year.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I've never hunted mushrooms before and have gottin interested in it in the past month and was looking forward to going out this weekend, I guess i'll just have to put my waders on and head to the Maumee.

·
BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"
2,405 Posts
Won't be long, just need to break out of this cold snap then turkeys and shrooms!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Here in Richland co. about 3rd week of April until 2nd week of May is a cant miss time frame unless it gets really hot then things go to crap!

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have always hunted mushrooms at night.I worked the coal mines in West Virginiafor three years or so.An this old man told me after work well go look for mushrooms.We took our lights off the hard hats.An hit the hill sides we found about 20 each.

·
BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"
2,405 Posts
I wonder if you would find more at night? Makes you have to look harder and slow down I guess. I think I would be afraid that the light may spook them and they slither back under the leaves though.

·
Enjigneer
1,369 Posts
I looked for an hour and a half last night in an area that had them last year, nothing yet. I did take a few ramps and some fiddlehead ferns.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I went out this evening for about 2 hours and found 17 morels. It was my first official trip mushroom hunting even though i've seen them in the location in previous years.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Looked for 2.5 hours on public land Sunday and found only 6. All yellows and all nice big ones; largest almost 9 inches. None were fresh and the area had been picked through pretty good!

·
BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"
2,405 Posts
So far the farm has produced: 3 turkeys and right around 144 mushrooms.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Just read in the paper a 12 year old boy from Gnadenhutten (Tuscarawas Co.) found a half pound morel that measured 5x9 in. That's huge! There is a pic in the Times-Reporter but I don't know how to add the link. Maybe someone else can.

·
OGF Team - Charter Member
1,853 Posts
I found a mess on my desk when I got to work this morning!!! :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts