close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How's the Darby look?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by cheezemm2, Sep 13, 2004.

1. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

Just wanted to know if it was still pretty stained or clearing up...I might be making a trip tomorrow if it's all good. Thanks in advance!

-Jim

2. I have not seen it myself but work with a guy who drives over it every day and he said it looks pretty good. Good luck, let me know how you do. I have not fished it for a while and want to hit it a few times before it gets too cold.

3. cheezemm2

Going tomorrow.....will give a report when I get back!

4. Pharley

Pharley Hook 'Em

Am off tomorrow if you want to go early early in the am.
    Rob
    Marion

5. cheezemm2

Well, first things first...the water was a little cooler...and I found my first, if you slip you're almost going under hole in the Darby....but nonetheless...I survived...so did the cell phone and digital camera in their respective plastic baggies!

Now, this trip started with me almost getting very wet, and I hadn't caught a smallie for the first 2 hours I was there...a couple rock bass, but my normal holes didn't produce anything? So, I moved.......as soon as the sun got down by the trees around 6:30 I'd say some one flipped the switch and I had found the perfect hole...6 casts, 3 fish, 2 did some flying and got off, and one I never saw...was working the hole, huge bend in the rod, thought I had snagged a rock...then nothing... :confused: comes back and my plastic worm is gone :eek: So, I did the math...that much weight on the rod and a non-existant worm and stepped back a little and thought to myself..."You're gonna need a bigger boat." Total it all up and I C&Red 10 smallies and 4 rockbass...here's a pic of a bass that had a big black spot on his/her head

[​IMG]

6. Great job on the Big D! I have not fished it for a while but will probably hit it a few more times before it gets really cold.

7. I catch a few smallies in the river that have a funky kinda growth on them...almost like boils or bumps of some kind??? I dont keep any of the fish I catch so its no worry there...but I just wonder what that is.