close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Howdy All...it's been awhile

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by Buckeye Bob, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Buckeye Bob

Buckeye Bob rrbski, The Happy Carper

Hi All...been awhile but, hope to be around more often now. Haven't been doing a lot of carp fishing the last 3 - 4 years, family situations, but have done a bit of float fishing for carp at Buckeye Lake and TJ Evans Park in Newark. Great fun on an 11' steelhead rod with 10 lb test line mostly using flavored corn. Think the biggest I got this year was an 18 lbr out of TJ Evans...great place and close to home.

Anywho...looking forward to talking to old friends here and making new ones. Think the next carping trip will be to the GMR to sit bankside with some fellow Ohio carp anglers...The 2009 First Fishing Folly where the goal is to catch the carp that is closest to midnite (after/not prior) to bring in the new year. Will post up the details when can...and follow up with pics/short story. Got a new digital camera a couple weeks ago...if I can learn how to use it I'll post up some short clips.

See y'all on the bank.

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

good to see you back,bob.kinda was a nice suprise to get the pm yesterday,LOL.hope things get better at home,and we can hook up at buckeye this year.or evans.living in newark now,it's real close,but i've never fished it.if it's easy access,it might be for me now that i'm so old and tired:eek:LOL.
    don't be a stranger...............(again);)

3. Buckeye Bob

Hey Rick...TJ is real easy access to 3 of the 5 quarries (lakes). You have to get a permit each year $7 I think. Anywho...great fishing for trout, cats, carp, bass. They stock trout and cat a couple times a year and have events ie cat and trout days for kids...even a cat night for old timers. Anywho...pm me your tele# and if you feel up to it, I can pick you up and take you out to see it.

4. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

hey Bob, nice to see you online again.. :)

5. Buckeye Bob

Hey Ak...been chucking any corn in Thailand. Last time I called you, you were getting ready to head to China I think.

6. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

LOL.. no corn chucking here in Thailand Bob. just bread and pack chucking is all I have been doing.. I'm going back to China again soon.. actually, Hong Kong is where I'm heading, as soon as they open the airport here.

7. let me know when you decide to hit the GMR, i may come out and join/meet ya! there is a stretch/pool of the GMR here in Downtown Dayton that has been drained to about half its size (opened a lowhead dam, building a bridge upstream) , some of the biggest carp i have seen in this river have been in this pool and with the low water may be easy targets.

8. Buckeye Bob

Will do Dinkbuster...good fishing to ya.

9. Great to see you posting on the boards again, Bob. One of my highlights from last year was getting a chance to fish with you again out at Buckeye Lake during the CAG fish-in. Hope to get a chance to chase carp with you a few times next year as well...maybe even drag the Catking out.

10. Buckeye Bob

Hey CW...great to see you this last summer too, you really slayed em with that lakeside grinder of yours...grinding up boiled field corn. Be nice to your Dad again if he can get away to make it. Phil D. is going to Texas for the next week or so, grandaughter's birthday, and will be posting up the 2009 schedule when he returns. Been thinking about maybe coming over your way, 84 Lakes, for one of the SP qualifiers. BTW, 84 Lakes stocks and has trout fishing throughout the winter, just do a web search for their site/schedule/directions.

11. catking

catking Banned

Hey Roberto !!!! Great hearing form you again. Always was a highlight bankin with you. Had some great times with you and the old time carpers..Hopefully this coming season I'll get the time to once again share the bank with you and others....still think about the Santee Cooper trip that you, me and cwcarper took a few years ago...;) ..here's to seeing you in '09... THE CATKING !!! :)

12. Buckeye Bob

:) :) Hey Rick...great to see you're still around. Santee was definately a great trip and sure look forward to sharing some bankspace with you and CW sometime in the near future. Take care and good fishing.