close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How'd they White Bass Do @ Ceasers?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by H2O Mellon, May 3, 2004.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I guess I was gone, but havent heard much, are they still up in the creek? How did everybody do?

2. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

I haven't heard, maybe you could call the Spillway party supply /bait shop up there.

3. DrZ

DrZ

Have they been in the creek thick yet this year? It seems like last year they never ran, so I’m a little confused as to when prime time is for them in there. I was up Anderson fork Friday night and we saw a guy with two. A bowfisherman told us that he saw a few schools of them in there and my buddy caught one. I got the big goose egg. The water was pretty high and the weather was pretty unstable so they may have been in there and just not biting?

4. mrfishohio

There used to be tons & tons of them in the early 90's. I think they got overfished. There would be 20-30 guys for about 4-6 weeks lined up on the dam keeping every fish they caught(usually 15-30 fish each) and in the creeks I'd hear stories of 60 fish stringers. I think all that put a dent into the spawn & they've not ever recovered.

5. DrZ

DrZ

That makes me so mad. Who eats 60 white bass? I could understand if they are perch or crappie, but you can't even freeze white bass. If you don't eat them fresh they taste like crap.

6. mrfishohio

They freeze up okay. You put the fillets in water & squeeze out all the air bubbles. Some of those guys told me they keep them up to a year. I remember warning some who were keeping tiny fish that they would kill off the population. They told me that would never happen, well, within 2-3years it did. :(

7. H2O Mellon

This is a sad effect of people keeping EVERYTHING they catch.

8. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

does not surprise me at ALL!..Will people ever learn?

9. H2O Mellon

Jack, thye will learn when we all are forced to use 5'6 ultra lights & fish for bluegills, becasue w/out more strict C&R restrictions, soon all that we'll have will be the bluegills.

10. H2O Mellon

Well come to think of it we may still have the GAR & SHEEPHEAD.
    'Nothin comes close as being fun as a night of SHEEPHEADIN right?

11. H2O Mellon

Hey DRZ, whats up? Good to see ya