Ohio Game Fishing banner
81 - 100 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
You guys start telling us your health issues and your abilities to do things and I feel better about myself ( didn't know how else to put it).
Heart attack @ 48, 6-8 stents, quad bypass @ 52, lymphoma cancer @ 33, [email protected] 60, knee's pretty much on its last days. But I still can do stuff.

That is until I read about moo juice, magic marker, lazy 8, and the rest of you, with health issues out farming, running a lumber mill, out galavanting at auctions, events, different states, living life to the hilt or trying to.

Than I get depressed because you make me feel like a old man (no just joking).

It's all about doing what you can do and being happy and positive about it. One day (yesterday, ha,ha) we can look back and reminisce about it.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Dang Fasteddy! You've been through the mill yourself! Just like my father has been to me, you are an inspiration to us all. The ability to handle life's follies with a positive, upbeat outlook is one of the best traits one can poses. Dad taught me to lean on the Lord first and foremost and secondly, keep the love for what you're doing stronger than the pain you feel while doing it. We'll all get through this. After all, do we really have a choice? Praying for all you guys.

·
The end is near
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
You guys start telling us your health issues and your abilities to do things and I feel better about myself ( didn't know how else to put it).
Heart attack @ 48, 6-8 stents, quad bypass @ 52, lymphoma cancer @ 33, [email protected] 60, knee's pretty much on its last days. But I still can do stuff.

That is until I read about moo juice, magic marker, lazy 8, and the rest of you, with health issues out farming, running a lumber mill, out galavanting at auctions, events, different states, living life to the hilt or trying to.

Than I get depressed because you make me feel like a old man (no just joking).

It's all about doing what you can do and being happy and positive about it. One day (yesterday, ha,ha) we can look back and reminisce about it.
I never really felt old until I had 7 weeks of chemo and radiation. I've been reading up on the effects of that treatment and all the sites I've visited say it's a real thing and affects one on a genetic/cellular level. I have zero energy and I get fatigued quickly. Will I let it stop me? Hell no! I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet. I've got to replace the deck spindles on my John Deere today. Will I take breaks? Dang right I will. :)

·
The end is near
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 · (Edited)
I was over the hill doing some planting today and I fell. I hit pretty hard. Side of my face looks like King Kong slapped me. I come up the hill all bloodied up. I've got ice on my right shoulder.
Here lately I've been getting dizzy and the world starts spinning around. I usually grab something until it passes. There wasn't anything to grab so down I went.
I just saw my chemo Dr and told her about my dizzy spells. She told me to quit taking my blood pressure med (blood pressure is low but not too low) and drink 2 liters of water a day. Its helping but the dizziness hasn't completely stopped.
Side effects of chemo and radiation.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Lazy,

All that and the heat and humidity makes the dizzy/weak sneak up on me. Be careful in this weather.

Reactions: Lazy 8

·
Registered
169 Posts
Lazy8, sounds like you only incurred some superficial skull wounds ( just joking ). You were lucky you were able to recover and get to the house to evaluate the injury.
Cancer treatment is a tuff go round.

I was able to get a "I've fallen and I can't get up" gizmo thru my medicare advantage health insurance. Trouble is it doesn't work if you're not wearing it.

·
The end is near
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Lazy,

All that and the heat and humidity makes the dizzy/weak sneak up on me. Be careful in this weather.
Thanks olwhiskers. My biggest problem is thinking I can still perform like I did in my prime.
Lazy8, sounds like you only incurred some superficial skull wounds ( just joking ). You were lucky you were able to recover and get to the house to evaluate the injury.
Cancer treatment is a tuff go round.

I was able to get a "I've fallen and I can't get up" gizmo thru my medicare advantage health insurance. Trouble is it doesn't work if you're not wearing it.
Good for you brother. I wear cargo shorts and I keep my cell phone in one of those pockets. I guess I hope I can dial the ol lady.
I also hope my shoulder functions tomorrow am. It's the one that had a reverse replacement a little over a year ago.
Getting older ain't fer sissies. :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks olwhiskers. My biggest problem is thinking I can still perform like I did in my prime.

Good for you brother. I wear cargo shorts and I keep my cell phone in one of those pockets. I guess I hope I can dial the ol lady.
I also hope my shoulder functions tomorrow am. It's the one that had a reverse replacement a little over a year ago.
Getting older ain't fer sissies. :)
Way back in the 70s a woman told me getting old ain’t for sissies. She was right…

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
My father once told me that one day, I’ll reach a point in my life. Where I should never walk past a urinal and never trust a fart. I’m there.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My father once told me that one day, I’ll reach a point in my life. Where I should never walk past a urinal and never trust a fart. I’m there.
When you get all but 18” of your colon removed, you absolutely can not trust a fart. And you hope you can walk fast enough to beat the emmission…

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
10,420 Posts
Does the 5 minute rule apply?
I thought that was a 5 second rule! Of course, at our age, we don't move as fast as we used to!

Reactions: Lazy 8
81 - 100 of 127 Posts