Ohio Game Fishing banner
61 - 80 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
As I was reading your post I got that sickening feeling. I was in a similar situation this time last year. I also went to OSU (The James) for a second opinion. Three needle biopsies later, I was diagnosed with cancer. Appx one month later I started seven weeks of chemo and radiation. I hope and pray your outcome is a good one. Please keep us posted.
Didn’t learn much except the camera up the nose and down the throat is not fun. I have to go back for a CAT Scan, then possibly back again for an MRI, then back again for surgery.
It is a 2 hour drive so the fuel cost is gonna be a killer for me.
You know you're getting old when you look at lifetime warranties and think...do I really need that?
My friend said he didn’t buy 30 year warranty shingles because he won’t need them that long now…

·
Registered
87 Posts
As I was reading your post I got that sickening feeling. I was in a similar situation this time last year. I also went to OSU (The James) for a second opinion. Three needle biopsies later, I was diagnosed with cancer. Appx one month later I started seven weeks of chemo and radiation. I hope and pray your outcome is a good one. Please keep us posted.
It is amazing what crazy weird things can happen to me. Last year my right vocal cord was paralyzed from neck surgery. In December the left stopped working. I had an emergency Tracheotomy performed to keep me alive. About two weeks later, unrelated to the Tracheotomy, my whole colon was removed in an emergency surgery. It was three times the size it should be and stopped functioning. The bad part of that was a radiologist told me my colon was normal about a month previously.
Since last March, I had my neck fusion added to, major shoulder surgery, two kinds of skin cancer removed from my arm 6” apart, my tracheotomy, and my colon removed. And now I have that mass in my throat to get removed once they get figured out how to do it. It is ridiculous to say the least…

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hope you can get it all over with soon and get somewhat closer to normal.

Reactions: den942 and Lazy 8

·
The end is near
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Didn’t learn much except the camera up the nose and down the throat is not fun. I have to go back for a CAT Scan, then possibly back again for an MRI, then back again for surgery.

My friend said he didn’t buy 30 year warranty shingles because he won’t need them that long now…
I had the same thing at the James also. It feels like I spent the entire summer there last year.
They have housing somewhere around there for travelers like you. Radiation went fairly quick but on chemo days, we'd leave the house at 0930 and get back home at 1830.

·
The end is near
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
It is amazing what crazy weird things can happen to me. Last year my right vocal cord was paralyzed from neck surgery. In December the left stopped working. I had an emergency Tracheotomy performed to keep me alive. About two weeks later, unrelated to the Tracheotomy, my whole colon was removed in an emergency surgery. It was three times the size it should be and stopped functioning. The bad part of that was a radiologist told me my colon was normal about a month previously.
Since last March, I had my neck fusion added to, major shoulder surgery, two kinds of skin cancer removed from my arm 6” apart, my tracheotomy, and my colon removed. And now I have that mass in my throat to get removed once they get figured out how to do it. It is ridiculous to say the least…
I just saw this and I did not go thru what you've been thru. I had no surgeries. The 7 weeks of chemo and radiation zapped my tumor. I had Dr. Agrawal.
Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
617 Posts

Absolute gag fest.

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
10,420 Posts
Or you have 5 pairs of reading glasses throughout the house
I only have 2. One on the kitchen table and the other in the truck. I usually leave them in the truck when I go to the store, then find myself needing to read a label while shopping! Arrrrggh!

I rediscovered that I am an old man just yesterday. My buddy's son called me to see if I wanted to go play golf. He had taken a "mental health" day off work. We were going to try and scramble against his Dad and Uncle, and his Aunt and Uncle. But, he called and couldn't get tee times anywhere near when they would tee off, so we decided to go play somewhere else. We teed off at 9:50AM on a day that turned out to be pretty hot and humid. Even riding in a cart, I was all in after 18 holes!

His Dad and other relatives wanted us to stop down where they played and tip a few beers, and maybe get something to eat. There's a really nice restaurant above the pro shop. I turned that down, even though I enjoy their company. My knees hurt so bad! All I wanted to do was go home, take a couple of tylenol, and take a shower! I also decided that I'm going to play golf 9 holes at a time from now on! 18 holes just takes too much out of me.

·
Registered
863 Posts
All hail "acetaminophen". Wonder drug for baby boomers. Let's hope it's always an over the counter drug.

Don't know what it's doing to my liver and kidneys but that's down the road. My joints need help NOW.
Agree with the tylenal . I have been on fentynal patched for three years or so for my back and it really helps but i still need a tylenal or two every morn ing and then some if i over do it

·
The end is near
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 · (Edited)
I grew up never needing glasses. Then there comes that time, usually in your 40's when your arm isn't long enough and the light isn't bright enough to read. You buy some, "cheaters."
Then at 67 you know you're getting old when you buy trifocals.

·
Registered
169 Posts
When you can go boating and fishing 7 days a week but your body only lets you go 2 to 3. Hey, at least I can still enjoy the peace and tranquility a couple times a week.

When you only need a few drinks before you call it quits. This, that, or the other thing starts bothering you.

·
Registered
87 Posts
When you can go boating and fishing 7 days a week but your body only lets you go 2 to 3. Hey, at least I can still enjoy the peace and tranquility a couple times a week.

When you only need a few drinks before you call it quits. This, that, or the other thing starts bothering you.
I’d love to get out fishing 2 times a week. It’s been 0-3 times a year the last few years for me, instead of 3-5 times a week. Too many surgeries, hospital stays, and nursing home stays the last few years. I have throat surgery and hand surgery coming up. I don’t know if I can walk from the car to a pond right now even with my walker. I get an injection in my hip on Monday to hold off hip replacement till the throat and hand is done. It sure gets old…

61 - 80 of 127 Posts