Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I started making my own harnesses but now I have a new problem. How to store them for travel with out them getting all tangled up? I have like 20 made hanging in my work area and dont know what to do with them now. :confused:

·
Registered
16,806 Posts
That's a great idea Roger23. I may cut down a noodle to use to hold my first rotation of musky baits. Does anyone actually use them for swimming?

·
Banned
148 Posts
I've taken the noodle one step further to avoid the huge box, for the non-boat owner.

Get a prolatch 3700, the kind most use in their softbags for other baits. It measures 14"L x 8.75"W x 2"H. Take your basic pool noodle and cut individual pieces 1 and 7/8 long. Lay the piece on end and shave off a heavy 1/8 to create a flat end. Mark about a 1/4 slit on the rounded top and make a small slice for your loop/swivel.

Wrap each harness on its own piece and you can house 14 harnesses. Use
the dividers provided, and labeling is up to you.

·
Registered
377 Posts
A more compact version is to use foam pipe insulation. It is cheap. It comes with a slit already for the swivels. It is much smaller than the pool noodle and it works just fine. I cut mine about 7" long and four pieces fit into a one gallon ziplock bag. Easy storage for spinners and leaders.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I ordered some off Ebay that came in a really cheap very mobile system. They were in individual plastic ziplock bags about 2.5x2.5 with a hole punch hole near the top. He then had a notecard ring that he put through the holes. If I get a chance later I will put some pics up, as my explanation is probably lacking

·
Registered
414 Posts
I store mine on noodle very similar to roger, however I take the treble and insert it eye first into the noodle. I push it down enough to bury the point in the noodle that way you don't have to worry about getting hooked.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts