close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How to shake the winter fishng blues

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by crickwader, Feb 27, 2005.

1. In keeping with the sw ohio fishing reports forum I will post my February results to date and extend an invite to all of you here at OGF.

I’ve managed to get out twice so far this month. Both times with a good friend of mine on the GMR. Between the two of us we are 0 for 4. But along the way we managed to run into some others trying to shake the cold weather blues and they reported more success than us. A few smallies and a couple of saugeye. Even had one young fellow let me know that he had just landed a small pike. He couldn’t talk much because he was too busy talking on his cell and letting everyone know his fishing accomplishment.

But if you are as tired as I am with this winter crap then here is an invite to get us all fired up for the spring fishing season that is just around the corner. The Stillwater Bass Club will be hosting a fishing and water quality seminar on Saturday, March 5th at Joyland Restaurant starting at 10:00 a.m. Topics to be covered will include fishing prospects and hotspots for rivers and lakes in southwest Ohio and the area’s summer river cleanups on the Stillwater and Great Miami Rivers. So this is the place to be if you are interested in learning where to go, what to use or you just want to do your part in keeping ma nature looking good. Joyland is located about 20 miles north of Dayton on S.R. 48 (Main St.) just a couple hundred yards past where the Stillwater crosses 48. Or from I-75 take the Rt. 55 exit at Troy and go west till you hit 48 at Ludlow Falls. Then north on 48 just a couple of miles. Best of all its free. So bring a friend. Check out the website for more info.

http://www.geocities.com/stillwaterbassclub/

2. catking

catking Banned

Thanks for the info and report. Spring is just around the corner...at least that's the word...... :rolleyes: .THE CATKING !!!

3. [​IMG] aboard crickwader

THANKS for the invite... Little too far for me to attend but PLEASE do let us know how things went... Even take a view pics to show us ;)

4. Skooky

Skooky Fish Wizard

Joylands just down the road a bit for me. If all goes as planned hopefully I'll be able to make it. May bring a friend or 2 along also.

5. Skooky,

The more the merrier on Saturday. Or misery loves company since we can't be out on the water. So don't be shy. Make sure you introduce yourself at Joyland. I'm looking forward to a couple of good presentations.