Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this may sound silly but i caught a 23 inch largemouth in july and i went to the dnr site and though that by filling out the certificate i would register for a pin. am i registered and it just takes a bit to come in, or is there something i missed?

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

·
CJ Wolfpack
4,311 Posts
i know this may sound silly but i caught a 23 inch largemouth in july and i went to the dnr site and though that by filling out the certificate i would register for a pin. am i registered and it just takes a bit to come in, or is there something i missed?

As long as you completed the application it should be registered with them and yes it takes some time to get the pin.

·
A.K.A. Rooster
1,343 Posts

A friend of mine filled out the application and didn't get his for like a whole year. I filled out for one and got it within a week or two. Just depends. It should arrive though.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Do you have to send in a picture with a tape measure showing the length?

·
Turgid Member
572 Posts

·
A.K.A. Rooster
1,343 Posts
All you do is fill out the application. A lot of people lie and say they caught the fish just to get the pins.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Somehow I just can't seem to get any that meet the FO standards, maybe because I'm spending too much time as a mate on the boat since I take the wife and kids out on most trips. However the boss has caught many and her pins seem to come around late January of the following year. So far this year she has a FO sheephead and white bass coming. Last year it was smallmouth and sheephead..go figure...lmao.

·
Registered
350 Posts
No, pretty much it's the honor system.
Thats a bummer, they should have some type of verification system. Or supply bait shops with pins and if you bring in a fish or photo of fish that meets qualifications then you receive a pin on the spot.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
They mail the pins out in bulk orders I have gotten some in a few weeks and others have taken up to 6 months and I agree you should have to send in a pic or have a witness or something

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Turgid Member
572 Posts
They mail the pins out in bulk orders I have gotten some in a few weeks and others have taken up to 6 months and I agree you should have to send in a pic or have a witness or something
I fish alone a lot, and don't always carry a camera. I would never kill a fish to get a pin, which would be my only option. The pins have value to me only because they represent an accomplishment, and if I were untruthful, the pins would be a worthless piece of metal. IMHO

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
old topic i know, but just got my pin last week. white bass, looks killer.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts

Back in the day when you had to mail in the form, you did have to have a witness. Still didnt mater though. If you wanted to lie it still wouldnt have been hard to have a buddy sign the form for ya.

Ive never turned in a Fish Ohio so I dont have any pins. They do look pretty cool. Maybe I'll have to start applying for them. I wouldnt get many anyhow, lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts